Discuss Regarding payment and company 'bullyness' in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

leatherman

Hello all

I would like to describe in to the best of my ability what is happening at my work place.

I'm self-employed

I started my job and was told, you work 1 month in hand, so i worked one month, then another month
2 month's total then expecting to get paid on the 1st i didn't it was 7days late, and no it wasn't a bacs payment it was a check, adding another 3 days until my cash is in my bank.

There is a lotta mates/sparks on this site, and working for this company for over 5month's now every month the date of payment is longer and longer, this month i only just got payed to day, and i'm struggling with money issues due to my money being 20days late!!, this in turn means they owe me 7week's money, a few people have stood up and told the big-boss that its unfair and isn't heard of in the electrical industry, and guess what... they got PUMPED (fired). Now this makes the rest of us feel like if we dare say anything we will get the boot, which in my eye's is bullying and playing with peoples money for interest games, i'm just a mate, i'm new to all of this self-employment stuff, i really haven't got a clue were i stand, and neither do the rest of my work friends, so we just sit back and say nothing, and the job now is coming to and end, i'm scared that there just gonna bump us for 2month worth of money, and ill never see it again. what steps can i take legal? or any advice in to this situation would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Regards

leatherman

The main prob. is that your self employed, i've been there too and basically you have no collective work place agreement which means you are fighting on your own. OK, that said if there are any union members I'd seriously consider involving them, especially if the mob is a member of ECA/SELECT as they might help you but not if none of you are members, then the only other answer could be the citizens advice bureau.

Job comming to an end ? Completion date nearing ? Penalty clauses ? What you do is STICK TOGETHER. Down tools UNTIL you ALL get paid all monies due. If you all stick together then you are all going to get paid up to date. If you don't do anything you are all going to loose 2 month+ cash at the end of this job. 1 month in hand is crazy IMHO.
I just don't understand why you all stood bye and watched as the other guy's took the steps they did (I bet you would have all accepted any benifit's they may have bargined). This is why you are in the position you are in today. The secret to subbying is to do it in "gangs" look out for each other and top of the list STICK together.

its exactly bullying mate,do as i say or you wont get paid,and some people have no time for unions,we'd all have to put up with conditions like this without unions...join one mate,you dont have to be in a union company..

Reply to Regarding payment and company 'bullyness' in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net