Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Regs Question, quick answer needed in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mike F

Hi gents, i have been asked by a client you has some fancy designer doing their house up. What is the minimum sized cupboard space required for the MSH and CCU. I have said as long as its readily accessible for fuctional and emergency switching that should be fine.

I have had a look in th regs book and can't seem to find any defined measurements as they are requesting. Looked under Obstacles, placing out of reach etc. Also general switching i believe 537.

Any help??

Cheers

Mike

Hi gents, i have been asked by a client you has some fancy designer doing their house up. What is the minimum sized cupboard space required for the MSH and CCU. I have said as long as its readily accessible for fuctional and emergency switching that should be fine.

I have had a look in th regs book and can't seem to find any defined measurements as they are requesting. Looked under Obstacles, placing out of reach etc. Also general switching i believe 537.

Any help??

Cheers

Mike

my thoughts exactly.

I assume there is already a DNO service head installed??

They will have their own requirements for access and perhaps minimum sizes of cupboards etc so you perhaps need to contact them.

As for our requirements there isn't anything really apart from regs 132.12 and 513.1 neither of these though give an actual dimension of accepted spaces/cupboards.

Reply to Regs Question, quick answer needed in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi. Have searched the net and the forums first for an answer but had no joy so here goes.. Quick background. My son just bought his first house...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Recently I have come across an advert of someone selling Afdds C type and the person mentioned the need to sell because Zs was too...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock