Discuss Rointe natural heat in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi has any one installed this system as it looks really good and want to start pushing this to my customers as an easier way to install heating.

Any input will be more usefull than just reading their site

many thanks Eddie

city electrical factors sell them, apparently cheaper than a combi to run, they are about the same price as night storage heaters, but have not found anybody with enough money to have there home done with them yet.

Rointe heaters are oil filled aluminium radiators. They are claiming 60% energy saving, but having read the report from BSRIA, all it says is that a 1.6kw rad was used to heat a room with 1kw/hr heat loss and it used 1kw/hr. Any electric heater with an electronic thermostat will do exactly the same. All electric resistance elements are 100% efficient at turning electric into heat, so providing that the appliance has an electronic thermostat to accurately maintain the room temperature then all electric heaters will give the same energy usage and the same running costs. Rointe heaters are nothing special and cost stupid money.

Rointe heaters are oil filled aluminium radiators. They are claiming 60% energy saving, but having read the report from BSRIA, all it says is that a 1.6kw rad was used to heat a room with 1kw/hr heat loss and it used 1kw/hr. Any electric heater with an electronic thermostat will do exactly the same. All electric resistance elements are 100% efficient at turning electric into heat, so providing that the appliance has an electronic thermostat to accurately maintain the room temperature then all electric heaters will give the same energy usage and the same running costs. Rointe heaters are nothing special and cost stupid money.

I have also seen the BSRIA report and looked into this product. I disagree completely. The report clearly states that "the total Wh for a radiator Rointe series K was ..... an average power of 560 W". This was for a 1.4Kw rad. 560W is 40% of the total W or in other words, somewhere along the line it is saving 60% electricity running costs. WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

The report actually says that the radiator specification is 1400 watts but that is at 230v. At 244v which was the average voltage for the test, the heater was giving 1595 watts.
The report says 'The purpose of this test was to determine the performance of the radiator. It was intended to determine how effectively the radiator achieved and maintained a temperature of 21°C in the test chamber' The room temp actually was maintained at 19.4 deg C
The cooling applied to the chamber during the test was 560 watts per hour and the heater used 560 watts per hour. You could have put a 10kw heater in there with an electronic thermostat and it would have used precisely what was needed to counteract the cooling i.e 560 watts. If you calculate an energy saving in the same way, that would mean 95.4% energy saving. It is NOT energy saving, it is just using the energy needed to keep a room at a constant temperature. All electric heating is 100% efficient, no more, no less. Any electric heating product with an electronic thermostat will only use the precise amount of electricity needed to maintain a set room temperature.

I agree with "Nicelydone" you get Now't for Now't - Power out equals power in less losses and on a resistive heating load there are no losses as the losses are heat.

Reply to Rointe natural heat in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net