Discuss Ryobi lithium in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all i currently use makita lithium but at £60 ago the batteries are working out to be an expense i don't need,
Then the other day i was offered some ryobi lithium plus one stuff at a 1/3 cost price which makes the impact about £30 and the batteries £15 etc, i know these are not in the same league as dewault Bosch etc, but i was wondering at that price are the worth a punt as if they last a year i dont mind paying it, has anyone tried these, views very welcome,, AND YES I DO REALISE U GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR,,

I junked all my Ryobi one+ stuff for Makita. Sold all the drills etc on eBay. Would never go back, the Makita stuff is much much better. My Liion batteries barely lasted a year and had nothing like the power of the Makitas even when new.

DON'T DO IT.

Hi all i currently use makita lithium but at £60 ago the batteries are working out to be an expense i don't need,
Then the other day i was offered some ryobi lithium plus one stuff at a 1/3 cost price which makes the impact about £30 and the batteries £15 etc, i know these are not in the same league as dewault Bosch etc, but i was wondering at that price are the worth a punt as if they last a year i dont mind paying it, has anyone tried these, views very welcome,, AND YES I DO REALISE U GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR,,

Are you saying that your having to replace knackered batteries for the Makita? If so, how long are these batteries lasting before the need to replace?? I thought these lithium batteries were supposed to last longer than the old Ni Cd variety....

PC ELECTRICS i stated i all ready have makita lith , i was just wondering at that price are they worth the cost to let the other workers throw around site, i did say i didnt expect them to be makita i just wanted a bit of feed back will they last a year, ryobi battery £15 makita 4 times that just wanted to know if they would do general work ,, not heavy duty i can get the makita out for that

I'm with Amp. You should get to the root cause of the problem and sort out the chaps abusing the tools. If they can knacker Makita batteries in a trice then Ryobi stuff won't stand a chance.

Mate of mine has 40+ sparks work for him. they buy their own cordless tools (though he does get them at a good price and takes it out their wages). Gives them a sense of responsibility for looking after them. Another mate who runs an industrial racking company does the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Ryobi lithium in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net