Discuss scam questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Oh mate you need to chill out, its not rocket science, look in a book, get a bit of experience, and you might just might earn £30,000 a year if you are lucky.
Think about it.

I think you need to watch your step here fella, E54 is one of our most respected members and you would be a wise man not to disrespect him when you know half as much as he or certain other members of this forum know then MAYBE JUST MAYBE you can make such offensive comments.remember one day you may need his advice.

I think you need to watch your step here fella, E54 is one of our most respected members and you would be a wise man not to disrespect him when you know half as much as he

Quite right, I have already learned that myself, what a ridiculous post by Sailor, another wannabe, and he will never know 10% of what E54 does, ah well the Electrical Trainee brigade continues, exhausting but we have a Job to do to protect the public, dear oh dear and round 2 begins sigh, will the queen give us MBEs for the pain we have to endear I wonder sigh.

Quite right, I have already learned that myself, what a ridiculous post by Sailor, another wannabe, and he will never know 10% of what E54 does, ah well the Electrical Trainee brigade continues, exhausting but we have a Job to do to protect the public, dear oh dear and round 2 begins sigh, will the queen give us MBEs for the pain we have to endear I wonder sigh.
Exactly and that is the true measure of a mans knowledge,when you realise that you don't know it all then you are truly a knowlegeable man!

I think you need to watch your step here fella, E54 is one of our most respected members and you would be a wise man not to disrespect him when you know half as much as he or certain other members of this forum know then MAYBE JUST MAYBE you can make such offensive comments.remember one day you may need his advice.

If you want to stick your heads in the sand OK your right I’m wrong

99 troops marching to the right 1 marching to the left,which do you think is going the wrong way?

Me obviously
OP No don’t join any of the scam schemes there a waste of time they won’t help you in any way.
You will be able to get on any insurance, council, MOD, etc procurement list most decent construction companies are not interested in you being accredited you can show them you exam results, they are not interested in whether you have a H&E policy customer complaints policy warranty or bond to cover your works.
Am I now forgiven for daring to question the holy one?

Me obviously
OP No don’t join any of the scam schemes there a waste of time they won’t help you in any way.
You will be able to get on any insurance, council, MOD, etc procurement list most decent construction companies are not interested in you being accredited you can show them you exam results, they are not interested in whether you have a H&E policy customer complaints policy warranty or bond to cover your works.
say 3 hail marys 1 our father and go in peace and sin no more .lol.ps at least you have a sense of humour.

Me obviously

Most of us know the pros and cons....been going over them for years now. Most of us have been members of one scheme or another for donkeys years. But it has become a money making exercise. Look at the facts.

You go on about requirements, above. Do you not think E54 has to take such things into account in his present position. Probably tie most of us in knots.

Get the point!

Anyway, all the best for new year.

Last edited:
i think we should all be showing sailor a bit more respect. this fella's one of the few remaining '1st edition' electricians and he served his apprenticeship with thomas alva edison!

only joking mate - trying to lighten the mood!!

Me obviously

Thaks for the support guy's!!

Don't forget your original question, ...how does a customer/client know if an electrician/company is competent?? Since then you have drifted off in all directions with a load of, what if's and maybes...

Sailor 48, No-one is saying that the outside world hasn't been hoodwinked by the likes of the NICEIC and other scams, into thinking that only their registered contractors will guarantee competence etc. But we all know that is now total crap. At one time, you may even have been right, the NICEIC approved contractor scheme was something special to hold. Those day's have well and truly gone, any excellence that was there, has been eroded in favour of catching more and more cash, from those companies and contractors (by the lowering of overall assessment standards etc), that should never be or have been approved. So yes in essence of your original question, they are a waste of time, as they will certainly not prove competence, that is just the illusion they market under!!

What i and others are saying, is that none of these schemes will guarantee anything, either to a contractors client or to the registered contractor. I'm sure any electrical contractor can obtain any insurance they would need to trade in the electrical industry. Same as with the other elements you mention above. You don't need to be in a scheme to develop any of that criteria. In fact as a contractor, you have ALWAYS needed to provide prove of such criteria at the contract tender stage, long, long before any of these scam schemes came about.

It's just unfortunate that these schemes and other leeches have been allowed to wriggle their way into our industry. All have done no end of damage, and the really sad part about it all, none of them were ever needed in the first place. These roaches only see our industry now as a cash cow, that gets to be milked on a regular basis.

Reply to scam questions in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net