Discuss Shower switch chord broke ! Can I just replace the chord ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,
nylon switch chord broke, but the switch is still working.

I'd really like to just replace the nylon chord but it's fairly inaccessible.

Could some kind person tell me if this is possible without buying a new switch ?

Please see pic.

Many thanks

Attachments

• Shower switch.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 18
How did the string get broken? This 'switch' should only be used by someone opening up the shower to repair or replace it.
If the pic is with the broken string, it doesn't need replacing. There's plenty left for its intended use.

How did the string get broken? This 'switch' should only be used by someone opening up the shower to repair or replace it.
If the pic is with the broken string, it doesn't need replacing. There's plenty left for its intended use.
It just rotted over the years. The damp atmosphere didn't help. Yes I can still just about reach it, but I would prefer to replace it if possible.

Technically, it is an isolator… but there’s no harm turning it on and off when needed…. Apart from constant use wearing out the switch prematurely.

It is an isolator but lots of people are encouraged to remove anything from the supply that has a neon or LED standby light to save on energy
The switch can wear out from constant use but as long as it's used off load, it should last a long time

Reply to Shower switch chord broke ! Can I just replace the chord ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, The shower pull chord switch has snapped at my mom’s home and having unscrewed the switch I discovered a horror show(see pic). So I’ve had...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
This could possible have been a poll, but really just opening up for suggestions and feedback on where folks think an isolation switch for an...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (Note, this is not a DIY, I'm using a fully qualified electrician, just posting here...
Replies
Views
Hi New to this forum, Just looking for some advise as a DIY person. I have recently purchased a new home. I have come across a wall light which...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock