• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
  • Please checkout the Solar PV Installers (Solar Panel Installers) directory if you're looking for a local solar installer. Also, add your company to it if you install Solar systems. :)

Discuss Sma sb4000-tl in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Stevesolargill

Installing our first 4000-TL on Monday and are just wondering if we have to do anything else other than change the 2 dials to G83/1 before we switch on??

Thanks in advance

SMA guidelines for 4000TL are DC strings and AC cable should be minimum 6mm. (although the panels will be in 4mm)

Good luck getting 6mm flex for AC isolator to inverter LOL :pimp2:

Did you pre-apply for the connection under G83 stage 2? The DNO would have written back with whatever stipulations they require to allow the connection - this may include changing a setting or two in the inverter.

I wire inverter to adjacent isolator in 4mm, then 6mm from isolator to wherever. Can't see a foot of 4mm flex knackering up the volt drop that much :devilish: Are you sure they stipulate 6mm for DC? Never run anything other than 4mm on the DC side for sub-4kW domestics.

Did you pre-apply for the connection under G83 stage 2? The DNO would have written back with whatever stipulations they require to allow the connection - this may include changing a setting or two in the inverter.

I wire inverter to adjacent isolator in 4mm, then 6mm from isolator to wherever. Can't see a foot of 4mm flex knackering up the volt drop that much :devilish: Are you sure they stipulate 6mm for DC? Never run anything other than 4mm on the DC side for sub-4kW domestics.

Yeah definitlely 6mm but i have now looked on sma web site and the instructions seemed to have been updated and now i cant find it.

Honest. I aint lying i aint.

Damn you SMA.

(Err we never did it in 6mm unless it was a very long run but hey what they want isnt always what they get shhhh LOL)

Reply to Sma sb4000-tl in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back