Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Smart light switch install with no neutral required in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

Irvsax

DIY
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

So what are they connecting to? That's a plastic switch.
i dunno. It might not be earth and I could be talking nonsense. It makes 8 wires in total so I sort of assumed some were earths

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Aico 3000
A

Avo Mk8

-
Sorry, I miscounted. 8 wires. I just wanted to say each of those wires can be 'Live', depending on the switch positions. None are earth, which you don't need anyway.
Whoever does this needs to work out which wire is power in, which goes to the light, and how the connections to the switch at the other end of the room are configured. If you have the test equipment and knowledge you should be able to work this out. If you're not comfortable tracing the circuit, get an electrician in.

I

Irvsax

DIY
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry, I miscounted. 8 wires. I just wanted to say each of those wires can be 'Live', depending on the switch positions. None are earth, which you don't need anyway.
Whoever does this needs to work out which wire is power in, which goes to the light, and how the connections to the switch at the other end of the room are configured. If you have the test equipment and knowledge you should be able to work this out. If you're not comfortable tracing the circuit, get an electrician in.
that is really good advice. Thank you. I think I could do it, but will be safe and get a professional I think.
Thanks

Reply to Smart light switch install with no neutral required in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom