CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Smoke Alarm testing and Cert's in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

neil2jo

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I am just going through the motions of starting to complete smoke cert (NICEIC ones), but rather than attend a very expensive course and loose income at the same time, i was hoping to clear a few things from people on the ground, having heard various angles from local tradesmen/customers.

1 - Story heard, use a hairdryer for the heat test. Is the real? What are others using?

2 - Under 'bedroom sound level (clause 13.2)' (tick box) what exactly are we testing. I have heard 65/70 and 80db , ranging from 3m or to bedhead. Can anyone offer a link to the 'facts'

3 - anyone receommend a 'reasonable' audio tester

4- I can find reference to ld1, ld2, ld3 but not pd1 or 2. Typically I am fitting heats in kitchen and lounge with smokes in hall and landings, all domestic houses. Which one doe sthis situation fall under

Grateful for any answers,
thanks

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Smoke Alarm testing and Cert's in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom