Discuss So I guess I intimidate a lot of you in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
As per the title.
I see I got banned from the thread last night, why was this I wonder, could it be that nobody could hold an intelligent argument without getting mardy.
As freedom of speech also been banned in the world, or is it just on here.
Let's take that thread as an example, I said I wouldn't employ a brand new guy who was over 50 and immediately got jumped on by , ironically everyone over 50.
But the big mistake you made was to prove my point for me, at No point did I say I wouldn't employ a full qualified time served 50 year old electrician, what I said was I wouldn't employ a 50 year old fast track one that last week was a florist or worked in a cafe.
The next mistake you all made was to jump on me about the baggage and fitness comment I made, if you were to open your eyes and read my comment again you would see I said that people over 50 COULD come with those issues, at No point did I say they WOULD.
So again you proved my point for me that people over 50 can be very set in their ways, you also were very quick to put the younger generation down when in fact it was you lot that behaved like kids.
I think people like me intimidate you, because i am young and successful and have a clear set of rules , it starts to make the older generation malfunction who then can't answer with an intelligent reply.
Take the comment I made to westward about having an ugly wife, it was clearly a joke and thankfully it was taken that way by him, yet some of of the less intelligent members no doubt took offence.
One thing that did interest me was the ratings I got, it actually turns out I got more positive than negative ones, I bet as well that the members that gave me positive ratings are the intelligent and successful members.

So I guess I intimidate a lot of you Screenshot_20190203-083616_Chrome - EletriciansForums.net

How some of you reply to this thread will either prove or disprove the opinion I have.
Let's see how long until I get either insulted or reported.

an honest answer to the above. i have read the threads you have been involved in and, while i can't disagree with most of your posts, you do come across as bombastic and perhaps a bit arrogant. that's just my tuppence worth .

an honest answer to the above. i have read the threads you have been involved in and, while i can't disagree with most of your posts, you do come across as bombastic and perhaps a bit arrogant. that's just my tuppence worth .
Thank you for that, is there anything wrong with arrogance if you can back it up, I'm pretty sure all the greats had a bit of it in them.

You're very loquacious this morning Starjack, someone got up your nose have they?

Nobody got up my nose Peter, but I clearly got up yours , based on all the negative ratings while you never offered up an intelligent reply, this does lead me to believe your even older than the rest.
Please don't take offence to that as it is just a statement. If you do take offence it will just further bolster my argument.

I don't think it's the fact you are clearly opinionated, as has been stated already, I think it's more about your delivery.

Considering you're a new member, it was perhaps a little OTT... as evidenced by the warning dished out by the staff.

So tell me Honey, what did I say that was so bad that deserves a ban, is it like I said, maybe nobody could hold an intelligent conversation.
You will never reach the top by dithering and sugar coating things, life is cruel at times so man up, or woman up in your case.

Nobody got up my nose Peter, but I clearly got up yours , based on all the negative ratings while you never offered up an intelligent reply, this does lead me to believe your even older than the rest.
Please don't take offence to that as it is just a statement. If you do take offence it will just further bolster my argument.
Yes you do get up my nose a bit Mate , although I can't see what my age has to do with anything, perhaps you could explain your obsession with peoples age.
I don't take offence Starjack, plenty of people have tried in the past, and none have succeeded as of yet.

I like apple crumble, but I like it to have crunchy lumps in the crumble that I can get my teeth into.
Not certain whether you’re just trying to start a fight, or are seriously asking why people have a problem with you?
What have I said that makes you think I want to start a fight, I said I thought I might intimidate you intellectually and you replied with,,,,you didn't know.

What have I said that makes you think I want to start a fight, I said I thought I might intimidate you intellectually and you replied with,,,,you didn't know.
You said I crumbled quicker than you thought.
Suggests that we were having a disagreement or a fight.
I can’t really disagree with anything in the thread you mentioned, as I haven’t looked at it.
The fact that I haven’t looked at it, indicates that it has no interest to me.

@Starjack if you want to dish it out expect to get it back. For instance I was talking to a guy of 50+ trying to be encouraging regards making a new career. You jumped in with your comment and rudely stated there is no way you would employ etc. Fair enough but there would have been so many ways to say the same thing more diplomatically. You chose to be blunt and provocative. I was always taught the rules of communication are Is it Kind, Is it true, Is it necessary? If you can't say yes to those three questions then do not say it. You say you are successful but how do you measure that? A fast car, a multi million pound business? Those are the trappings of success not success itself. Success in my eyes is to be a useful contribution to the greater good. I can't see that in your responses to a number of contributors in this forum. You threw out the dumb button like confetti, this is not communication it is just ad hominem attacks. You don't like what someone said you call them dumb. Not a very intelligent response on your part while expecting others to be so. You get treated in kind in this life. You give out aggressive and unkind responses you get the same back. You should know this anyway. I conclude you are just being provocative and unkind which is not a trait of a successful person it is more identified with the opposite, a loser in life.

Yes you do get up my nose a bit Mate , although I can't see what my age has to do with anything, perhaps you could explain your obsession with peoples age.
I don't take offence Starjack, plenty of people have tried in the past, and none have succeeded as of yet.
But why do I get up your nose, is it that I have a clear plan in life and don't suffer fools.
Also I don't care how old you are, I was just engaging in the thread. Someone asked me my age so I simply did the same, I promise I won't laugh if you're over 50.
I only asked you because you seem to like giving horrible ratings out and unintelligent replies, it's a well known fact that the older people get the grumpier they get, probably because they are getting old.

But why do I get up your nose, is it that I have a clear plan in life and don't suffer fools.
Also I don't care how old you are, I was just engaging in the thread. Someone asked me my age so I simply did the same, I promise I won't laugh if you're over 50.
I only asked you because you seem to like giving horrible ratings out and unintelligent replies, it's a well known fact that the older people get the grumpier they get, probably because they are getting old.
If you really want to know how old I am, why not check out my profile, after all that would be the intelligent thing to do, wouldn't it?

Reply to So I guess I intimidate a lot of you in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock