Discuss Soon to Be Ex Forces Career Routes to Electrical Jobs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

lucrative career paths...!! hmmmm do they involve going back to Afghan or Middle Eastern Quaters armed with a M16 Assault Rifle and Side arm of choice, driving in a 4 wheeled drive vehicle looking after high profile members of state and foreign nationals

The Queen is inspecting three armed forces personnel, one from each of her fighting forces. She asks each one what they would do if they woke up to a Taliban fighter cutting his way in to their tent on operations?

The soldier says, “I’d reach over, grab my bayonet and stab him to death!”

The sailor says, “I’d reach over, grab my boot and batter him to death!”

The airman says, “I’d reach over, pick up my phone, call reception and ask.......... “Who on earth has put a tent up in my hotel room?!”

I must be an Airman, as I spend most of my life living in hotels, currently in one in Taiwan an I AM A SPARK!!. But seriously it's all about experience. You can't buy it you have to gain it and that takes time so get your qualifications and go to work. Thereafter will come the experience and you will achieve your desires. INCLUDING THE £50K

I don't suppose any of you guys know of anyone working in and around the dartford area do you? I'm looking around at the moment trying see if there is anybody about there that would be willing for me to work unpaid on evenings and weekend whilst i'm staying down there for a few months doing some of my training with able skills.

This is all good info for someone looking into getting into this for myself to be soon ex personnel. Does the qualifications offerered by able skills provide all this if I managed to get some time with a local electrician when I had the spare time? I'm 25 with a family can't afford to go to college as an apprentice.

Many thanks

Many thanks

Got to agree 100%. Experience is by far the most important ‘qualification’ you will ever need. Easy to pass all the resettlement courses and get the paper chits…. it is only when you start working that the real learning begins. A fellow colleague of mine (ex RAF) tried to start working self employed immediately after completing his courses. He made a few mistakes and lost all his confidence, whereas I went to work for a company in Reading, yep a steep learning curve for sure but after two years I was running the commercial & domestic department. Now running my own company. The only thing I really miss is the great camaraderie & banter we all shared in the forces!

Reply to Soon to Be Ex Forces Career Routes to Electrical Jobs in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net