Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss strip lights in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky_Ben

does anyone know if 8ft strip lights are available? I have tried screwfix and toolstation they only supply upto 1500mm ones, i need them to be twin strips also with deflectors not diffusers, thanks in advance gonna try the wholsesalers mondays just asking you lot first.

8ft. being phased out if not alredy gone. 6ft. next to go. soon we will have to fit the 10" ones like those found under kitchen wall units. only need 5000 to light up a shop floor. but think of all the lovely work involved wiring 5000 klik roses LOL.

yep what numpty thinks these things up lets get rid of 8ft and 6ft fitting ill protect the enviroment , du no they'll just install more 5ft's argg , sorry went off on one .. again , youll have trouble getting 8ft fitting now as telextric has said (you beat me again swine lol ) they are being phased out you would be better off installing twin 6 fts and ill be honest for a few quid extra id use the high frequency just to help protect the enviroment

I remember seeing some T8 LED lamps which replace the magnetic ballast tubes, just need to add a different starter. The tubes are quite expensive but apparently last about 30,000 hours.

I remember seeing some T8 LED lamps which replace the magnetic ballast tubes, just need to add a different starter. The tubes are quite expensive but apparently last about 30,000 hours.
that ain't fair to the poor guys who do re-lamping

I've also seen those LED tubes. Worked at this place before that had LED high bays, had one of his units using about 2A.
But they are still very pricey, and don't emmit much light in comparison.

Yeah the place I was working he ordered bulk from china, but he had numerous problems with them.
Not exactly sure on what he paid as we never really discussed the price. I just think atm there abit of a waste of money.
Maybe they'll get better in a few years.

Yeah the place I was working he ordered bulk from china, but he had numerous problems with them.
Not exactly sure on what he paid as we never really discussed the price. I just think atm there abit of a waste of money.
Maybe they'll get better in a few years.

Reply to strip lights in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net