Discuss Sumer house -sub board Zs!? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello
i would like to know maximum zs at the sub board !
i used the house otside socket feed to summer house!
i connected one outdoor fused spur under the socket ,with 13a fuse!and that feed small fuseboard in the summer house!
1-6a lighting
1-10a socket circuit!
i took the zs reading at the socket (0,45 ohm)
in this case how much is the maximum zs at the S.H.distribution board allowed,permitted?
thank you!

Looks ok the Zs,but there will be other things to take into account .
Any extraneous parts to be earthed/bonded & Rcd protection,volt drop.
[automerge]1591526559[/automerge]
3.83 ohms on 13 amp fuse.

30ma RCD FITTED IN THE sub board !
[automerge]1591526769[/automerge]
THE SUMMER HOUSE NO WATER OR GAS!AND WOOD HOUSE!NO EXTRANEOUS PARTS!
THIS S WILL BE BICICLE STORAGE AND GENERAL STORAGE!

So why have you also put a 30mA RCD in the sub board in the summer house.
Surely the best set up for this would have been to go from the outdoor socket, into a 13A FCU, Straight into the summer house socket with the light coming off a 3A FCU next to the summer house socket?
YES! YOU ARE RIGHT! BUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH THE SUB FUSEBOARD IF THE CUSTOMER ALREDY BOUGHT THAT! I DONT WANA SAY I DONT CONNECT IT UP!
I CANT SEE ANY ISUE FOR THE SUB BOAR! OR YOU CAN SEE THE PROBLEM?

YES! YOU ARE RIGHT! BUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WITH THE SUB FUSEBOARD IF THE CUSTOMER ALREDY BOUGHT THAT! I DONT WANA SAY I DONT CONNECT IT UP!
I CANT SEE ANY ISUE FOR THE SUB BOAR! OR YOU CAN SEE THE PROBLEM?

I would have told the customer to take it back. You now have 2 30mA RCDs in place along with a 10A MCB for a twin socket, that’s likely to trip. Also a Sub Board fed off a existing socket circuit, I’m sorry isn’t for me at all.

Sounds like a very poor circuit design with needless expense on materials. The max Permitted Zs would be the OCPD at the source of the supplying circuit, 16 amp MCB.

Pointless having a DB in the outbuilding if it's been fed from a final circuit.

Reply to Sumer house -sub board Zs!? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net