Discuss SWB van or LWB Connect or Caddy in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi guys,

looking for some advice on van sizes was looking at getting a small connect/caddy more drawn towards a connect tho as they have solid doors/bulkhead im also unsure if a swb would be suitable as years went on, Anyone have a swb van and manage fine? I dont really like the look of the long ones & a bigger van might be too big. Whats your thoughts guys & whats better connect or caddy

thh, i hate these vans. too short, no room for tools and stock, front wheel drive and gearboxes are crap. get yersenn a hiace. ( not the new version pro-ace, that's a froggy version in disguise).

I drive a Vauxhall Vivaro which is also a Nissan Primastar and a Renault Traffic.They are Transit sized vans so plenty of room for your tools and materials.Heard an advert on the radio the other day for a Vivaro to lease. £259 deposit and then £259 per month for 2 years.Not too bad a deal if you want a brand new van.

Connect. Caddy is over priced and over rated. Just like a large car you pay far too much for.

Nv200 Nissan. Solid doors, sliders either side and a steel bulkhead. If you can find a 110hp rather than 90hp they motor along.
Cheap as chips as well. Very good room in the back.

I got a small bipper(same as nemo and the fiat one), being i do 90% housebashing it works alright for now, ladders on roof rack. also my garage is quite small so might struggle to get anything bigger in.
If i get some contracts i have tendered for then i may have to upgrade for more space.

Mercedes vito for me. I bought that specifically to hopefully impress customers. I have the high top version so I can fit a full tower in it for jobs at height. It is no bigger than an MPV so is an easy drive. And as my friend who works on fleet maintenance said, "we hardly ever get call outs for mercedes"

I drive a Vauxhall Vivaro which is also a Nissan Primastar and a Renault Traffic.They are Transit sized vans so plenty of room for your tools and materials.Heard an advert on the radio the other day for a Vivaro to lease. £259 deposit and then £259 per month for 2 years.Not too bad a deal if you want a brand new van.

Vivaro is very soon to become another Expert, Dispatch, Proace clone so if you want the current one there may be some deals around?

I drive a LWB Vivaro and still struggle at times to get everything in, I don’t know how anyone manages with the smaller vans like the Caddy but then I guess it depends if you do similar stuff day to day you don’t need as much on the van.

Unless your delivering cakes, or bottles of water i wouldn't have the SWB connect. the LWB cost an extra 1.5k new but on the second hand market the price difference will be negligible.
I would opt for euro 6 if your keeping the van long term as i am sure the Sugar Snap Pea and Carrot Soba Noodle eating brigade will encourage your euro 5 and below to be taxed out of existence before they set their sights on euro 6 diesel.
We are at a point where ford will be releasing the hybrid petrol electric versions which will be the worlds answer to replacing diesel on commercial vehicles.
Even with the LWB i have i sometimes find it a squeeze albeit i would find the custom too big as i use the van for allot or personal use.
I looked at the VW caddy and i cannot see why there is a bloody glass window in the back "EVERYONE COME PINCH THE STUFF OUT THE BACK OF THIS GLASS WINDOW"

rant over

RWD = bomb proof transmission, but useless in snow without a limited slip diff...... FWD= failed gearboxes, drive shaft joints, rubbers, but good for a getaway on snow. 4WD for the off road gits, and the fake-tan school run mums.

the thing i like about the connect is it drives like a fast Italian hatchback, the understear from the FWD system means keeping up with m3s and lambos a tough job but i get the any emergency call out quick hahaah

Reply to SWB van or LWB Connect or Caddy in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock