Discuss teaching in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Money is ****, no car/car allowance etc.

With A and V units, PTTLS/CTTLS/DTTLS or Cert Ed, Electrical apprenticeship, 17th, 2391/2394/2395, they need to be well over the other side of £30K, chucking a car allowance in and a few other perks. Also the caseload is a bit heavy depending on the frequency of visits, it would be a push doing it over 4 weeks like i have to.

Cheers……………..Howard

wtf do they want a cscs card? do they expect you to moonlight digging trenches?

My labourer earns more than that for just turning up, doing as he's asked, and going home!!

It's a shame that the money is so crap, because the best people won't apply for the job, as they earn more in industry.

I'm surprised they employed you wearing a string vest with a brown ale in your hand Fella lol

I only got the job because the bloke who was supposed to interview me was on sick leave and I was interviewed by another bloke. That is absolutely true, and when the "proper" bloke came back from his sick leave he tried every which way to get rid of me for the entire first year I was there. I was all jeans &T shirts and he was flannels & sports jackets & ties.

He got me a Company tie with the company logo and the Queens Export Achievement logo on it and I wore it with my T shirt to infuriate him even more. When I grew a full beard ( Ginger ) that almost did him in!

After the end of the third year, we were almost best palls and soon after that and after more that 30 years of working for the Company he retired early ( 62 I think ) because he was diagnosed with cancer. I visited him at home three times before he died and I think I was the only on of his "work mates" who did.

Strange how things pan out sometimes.

i'll be happy to be a teacher in a flash.
in fact i even see it as my prefered career path above management or design.
ignoring the loud mouth jerk persona i exibit on here , i think i'd be rather good.
and i dont give a sh*t about the money either , i've always put job satisfaction above earnings.
:)

I wouldn't touch that one, even with someone else's, as it were....
I had an offer thrown at me this week for 30+K with 0.8k weekly travel and accommodation allowance !

There are stacks of teaching opportunities out there at present and as i said to one manager. I can earn more pointing my stick out on site than having the hassle of belligerent 16 year olds.....
Most sparks spend alot of time and money just to get to a place where they can start to earn decent money. and, of course, most do not have the aptitude for teaching anyway.

The resident troll excluded - lol

Last edited:

Reply to teaching in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net