Discuss Testing an economy 7 board? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just curious about this one?

If you're working on a property with a night supply and separate consumer unit, how do you do the live tests, without the hassle of having to attend at night?

Sorry if that's a really stupid question, I've just been practising with my MF tester on my own flat, but realised I can't do the heating/hot water supply because it's currently inactive!

If the seals didnt happen to fall off on a strange occasion you would still have your Ze and if you have no RCD on your E7 you only need to calculate your Zs for your final circuits

Limitations box " no live testing of off peak heating circuits Zs calculated on these circuits " sorted Dont just calculate and put them in

Limitations box " no live testing of off peak heating circuits Zs calculated on these circuits " sorted Dont just calculate and put them in

It does say on the sheet for the Zs by calculation or measurement, if you have got youe R1+R2 and your Ze you have your Zs, i know, i hear you say its nice to see it on the display but thought i would mention it anyway

yea guv new Megger does the calc for you :) no need to measure R1+r2 it does it for you altho i do still prefer measured sometimes its not practical

Reply to Testing an economy 7 board? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

if a house has economy 7, off peak board and on peak board. and where the meter only energizes the off peak board during the night for the storage...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views
Long story short im on economy 7 tariff but have 2 types of heaters in my house 1 convector fused socket, 3 storage heaters not fused sockets. So...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am on Economy 7 and I have storage heaters and a hot water tank connected to a separate CU for my off-peak usage. The timer that switches...
Replies
Views
Charah
C
I have a Gledhill PulsaCoil Echo system in my new retirement flat which is running on Economy 7. However there is a separate switch in a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock