Discuss Testing RCBO in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Steve D

Hi All,

I've got my C&G 2330 Inspection & Testing practical exam on tuesday and I can't figure out how I would safely test an RCBO that is protecting a shower circuit for example.

Surely during a live test the examiners are not going to want me to be removing any covers exposing live parts.

Can anyone give me some pointers please to try to relieve my stress ??!!

Thanks
Steve

Test at the shower isolation switch or at the rcbo on the cu itself.

But if you are unsure ask the examiner how do you comply with eaw regs & live testing, when you have to open the enclosure.

your dead tests should verify whether the circuit is basically safe, then when it comes to your live tests, you should feel safe in the knowledge that you are unlikely to come to harm if you get something wrong. Then, as you've already been told, take your time, take care and try to be certain of what to do next. Be prepared!

Reply to Testing RCBO in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I’ve got my AM2S coming up and I’ve been revising like mad but I’m stuck on something. I’ve read that it’s a 3 phase board with just...
Replies
Views
Hi there, This might be a bit of a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try. I'm based in South West London (Richmond/Twickenham) and I'm about 7 weeks...
Replies
Views
I will start with apologies, as I have not thought this through very much (at all) yet and have just sat down with a beer.... meaning I thought...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just a quick one to ask about an issue I'm having with my EV charger. I'll give a little background first but ultimately I want to know if...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock