Discuss The Rise & Rise of the Celebrity Electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I know that . I had a photographic studio and have done my share.
So you'll realise the time taken to point a go-pro at something and edit it later is minimal? Only someone who hasn't actually watched these videos think there's more to it than that. Bundy for example, just points and talks. It's not rehearsed. It doesn't take any extra time at all. It can have all the bells and whistles it wants but the reality is that's done off-site in his own time.

Last edited:
You guys realise that editing isn't done whilst filming, right? ie, it's done when they get home of a night, and doesn't impact the job at all?
Do you really think we don't know that
The bottomline is you still have to produce video that can be edited in to the final contiguous video so some planning of what you are shooting has to be done so you have something that can be edited later
So you'll realise the time taken to point a go-pro at something and edit it later is minimal?
If you record a load of crap then whatever you edit it down to will still be crap. Editing upto 8 hours of video from one day down to a 5, 10 or 15 minute video for the web is hardly minimal editing

I'd imagine the answer is quite obvious - at least for those who intend staying outside of a courtroom.
I know 99.9 % of my clients would go nuts and some its written down that No photos etc of interiors for any reason my be taken .Some places smart phones are removed from you before you enter .

Money deducted maybe for the inconvenience?

Something like that - think it was a discounted rate.

Obviously they're all different; some with handheld cameras, while others have someone paid to film. The latter would need to make that pay, but good luck to them. Like most people, I'll watch those I like and mostly pass by those I don't.

I guess sparks on Youtube are no different to anyone else on there. It's something that I couldn't imagine doing as well as being slightly beyond my comprehension.

I know 99.9 % of my clients would go nuts and some its written down that No photos etc of interiors for any reason my be taken .Some places smart phones are removed from you before you enter .

I wouldn't want anyone filming, but I guess a lot of their clients are happy enough - possibly due to discounts - and as a channel grows, many clients may come from it.

It's certainly not for me, but horses for courses and all that.

Clearly a lot of these videos are a little bit more than one guy waving a GoPro around when they are doing their bits "to camera" in well framed and well lit shots. Producing these videos appears to be as much an industry to them as the electrical work they are doing

If you record a load of crap then whatever you edit it down to will still be crap. Editing upto 8 hours of video from one day down to a 5, 10 or 15 minute video for the web is hardly minimal editing
You're quite right: I was being a little flippant and generalising (albeit based on videos made by some of the 'celebrity' electricians mentioned here).

Some of these guys do indeed have multiple cameras, radio mics, lighting and so on. I believe Thomas Nagy does/did have a camera op for some of his stuff. Still a world away from a professional broadcast crew shooting for a day, mind.

I'd be surprised if anyone shoots anywhere near 8 hours of material in a day - that's just making it hard for yourself at every step of the process. Those that are good at this will have it nailed - quality, content and creativity good enough to keep the viewers watching and the sponsors happy, balanced with just the right amount of effort, time and money put in to the production to make it worthwhile financially.

Last edited:
Do you really think we don't know that
The bottomline is you still have to produce video that can be edited in to the final contiguous video so some planning of what you are shooting has to be done so you have something that can be edited later

I think of moistakes I make and correcting massages on here….that tykes long inuff.

What is he droning on about?
Couple of minutes ....had enough when he put the surfboard under his arm.

Last edited:
Wish he would make up his mind, first he states it's his first head replacement as he's never done one before then he's going on about how he would useually remove the cutout fuse to fit a new head?

So at 9 minutes in he decides he could have turned the arm and dropped the column, maybe it would hae been a better job not having that joint in the arm
I notice he didn't show the final Wago connection or suggest any form of strain relief on the cable joint, ust because some outfit in Wales does it doesn't make it the right way to do it IMO
As for swapping 40 per day he needs to watch the guy's doing it round where I live, 2 guy's take 10 - 15 minutes a fitting they are tooled up with 2 or 3 impact wrenches it probably takes them longer to position the van than do the swap

Reply to The Rise & Rise of the Celebrity Electrician in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net