Discuss Theres some righ knob heads out there! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Had a call yesterday to sort out a light that 'Mr thought i'd have a go' tried fitting.

Existing was a Florrie in the kitchen, he replaced it with a crappy Argos 4 spot bar. On the phone he told be that he fitted it and now it won't switch on., and that it wasn't very securely fastened to the ceiling.

Got there last night to find new fitting up, not working and the smoke alarm and understairs light not working. Removed his attempt and found the switch line. neutral and 2 CPCs connected to the fitting and then just pushed into the ceiling there were the loops, switch feed, smoke alarm feed and 2 more cpcs. and the remaining neutrals.

Asks him were any of these loose wires connected in the old fitting, he says no. So after sorting what was the simplest ever job for him, I had look inside the old fitting, which was still sat on the kitchen floor and the retard had decided to just cut the wires free from the terminal block and the connector block with the loops in was sat in the fitting.

I've always been so patient in the past, but last night, the Dick Turpin came out. When he asked what he owed me, I said it'll be 80 quid mate! Is a cheque OK he said, I say of course.

If he had't of fed me the BS then i'd of done it for 40 quid, but i thought sod it. Not bad for 35 min visit.:skull:

Right ... enough of this - I'm off to take Tidy Boiler oot for a spin in me sports car.

Bye for now - be good & don't antagonise the Mods. (too much!!) :auto:

Reply to Theres some righ knob heads out there! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net