Discuss To RCD or not...?! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

i am still unsure how the new sockets will be added when the OP has not found the DB LOL

Wireless circuit seeking sockets. just mount them and bam they do all the work, find the circuit, do the calcs, and switch the kettle on. dont tell me you aint see em yet. also controlled from the new ipad......Sorry i go of tangent.

The main problem as mentioned above is where fridges and freezers are concerned.....a known cause of accumilated earth leakage....together with perishables stored within those appliances....the answer....to surface run cable/s to those appliances use outlets marked fridge/freezer only.....covers your arse....

The main problem as mentioned above is where fridges and freezers are concerned.....a known cause of accumilated earth leakage....together with perishables stored within those appliances....the answer....to surface run cable/s to those appliances use outlets marked fridge/freezer only.....covers your arse....

Exactly. Steel Galv tube . Socket for each app.

Galvanised i thought protects from rust. ? Generally have used always outdoors or industrial facilities. warehouse's etc etc and kitchens in past. But Cant see any reason why you couldnt use plastic and t&e. Might want to consider ambient temps as well with regards cable sizing . Kitchens as you say get nice and sweaty at times.

cant see why a rcd is likely to cause problems providing the circuits are good , so many people see rcds as a problem i never have problems and only see benefits with them.

You are in the minority then!! lol!! The amount of RCD failures from one cause or another that i have known over the relatively few years they have been abundant, has been alarmingly high!! Eventually though, i'm sure that they will become as reliable as the conventional lowly MCB, but they sure aren't Yet!!! ...lol!!

Reply to To RCD or not...?! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net