Discuss Total Power Outage, but nothing has tripped. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Leonie23

Hi. My next door neighbour's power is totally out. We've checked and nothing has tripped, including the RCD. We've tried turning off all accessible sockets, then switching off the mains and the RCD, then turning them on again and trying things at random, but this hasn't helped. Any ideas?

supplier's fuse? think this is a case where you need to phone an electrician. if you post your location, a member may be close to you.

Phone DNO they will come out free of charge within 4 hours. (sorry guys)

It could be a cutout fuse, service cable fault, mains cable fault or a fuse at the substation.

Was going to say check if neighbour's have power then the penny dropped. lol
As tel says. You could call the DNO (number on back of leccy bill) to see if any work in your area in case just phase on the street has gone.

Leonie, if you have no electrical training, please leave this to the experts...You maybe doing a favour for your neighbour, but you could be opening a can of worms

If you have test probes test between live and neutral tails. If you don't get 230v and all other houses on the block still have power main fuse has blown!

or a non contact voltage tester on the tails from the meter will give an indication whether you have power or not.

If you have no test gear get the neighbour to test the RCD's which he/she does every 3 months without fail( lol) by pressing the test button!

if it trips then the power is reaching the RCD!

Then call a spark !!

"If you have test probes test between live and neutral tails. If you don't get 230v and all other houses on the block still have power main fuse has blown!"​

or it could be a service cable fault, mains cable fault or a fuse at the substation.

Reply to Total Power Outage, but nothing has tripped. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net