Discuss Rangemaster cooking tripping breaker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm not an electrician. I clean cookers and today arrived to a rangemaster range cooker. Got started, and as part of my routine, I turn on ovens to get heat to each compartment. I was cleaning ceramic hob when power tripped. No big deal I thought, usually a bulb or faulty element. I turned off all switches on cooker, turned red cooker switch off and went out to circuit board and turned breaker back on. When I went to turn on red cooker switch beside rangemaster back on, straight away it turned off and tripped breaker again.. I switched red switch on socket off again, made sure everything on cooker was off and tried again but kept tripping. With red switch off, I turned breaker back on and pressed reset button, and immediately tripped. (with red button beside cooker at off)... Tryng to get someone to look at it tomorrow - where is fault most likely.?? Thanks

A faulty element was my first thought of most likely culprit.
however, if the big red cooker switch is turned off and the issue with the electrics tripping still happens. then the fault lies with something else in the house.

For clarity, the big red switch marked cooker (provided it is actually wired to the cooker) disconnects the cooker from the house electricity supply completely and can therefore not affect any of the trip switches.

Reply to Rangemaster cooking tripping breaker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I swapped a 2 gang switched socket for a 2 gang switchless socket with usb ports downstairs. I switched off all the power to the house by...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we had our gas hob removed months ago and finally just got round to putting an induction hob in. Its a normal 4 ring induction but one of...
Replies
Views
Woke up this morning and tried to turn on the computer (work from home) wouldn't power on, checked lights they worked fine. Went downstairs to...
Replies
Views
Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock