Discuss Two MPAN's One Address in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Echo

I have a client who has two meters, with two separate MPAN's what I want to know is can we register an 8kW system (4kW to each MPAN) and still receive the higher rate fit even though its at the same addresss?

I would say that they will class that as one site !
But could do with more info , like is the site totally owned by the one person , how far apart will the systems / meters be and does only one person pay both of the electricity bills .

I haven't yet seen the site so don't know, the site is owned by the company in question and the company pays both electric bills.

No we approached Central networks as they were at the time (they changed to Wpd while the system was installed ,so i contacted the engineer and was told everything was fine to carry on)
this was done under G83 with the usual alterations to the parameters.
one was 27 kw (10 and 17 kw )and two were 8 kw (2 x 4kw ) the 4kw systems were on the usual tarriff as they were classed as separate systems
There is no sense in not talking to them first, and as you say trying it on ,
You need their permission to connect to their grid , and usually they are more than helpful
I've not heard of anyone being asked to turn a system off because of a lack of permission maybe someone else has ?

Last edited:
Hi edexlab , do you mean that you just had permission to connect or that they were registered for the separate higher fits rate ?

The 2 x 4 kw systems were classed as two separate systems one to each Mpan therefore higher tarriff applied

We applied in the usual manner but spoke to DNO first to make sure there would be no issues as they were on the same building but separate supplies

Reply to Two MPAN's One Address in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net