Discuss Upgrading meter tails and main earth for a C/U change in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

and just to clarify. if the existing meter tails are buried<50mm, you do not have to fit RCD to protect them. you only need to do this if you fit new tails. that's because regs. are not retrospective.

...otherwise every 2 hour job would end up taking 3 months. Unpaid.

Hi All

I am new to this site, and was wondering if you can guide us to the right direction, I am doing EICR's and I have come across flats which are wired from submains with 16mm2 TW&E and the cable run is about 12 meters protected by kfm 60amp switch, my question is this installation is over 20 years old and the earth from from submains 16mm TW&E is used, which is 6mm and is non compliance to current reg, my question is which code would this be classified as? C1 C2 or C3

Thanks

Adam

at each sub-main, measure the PEFC. then apply the adiabatic. you will find that 6mm is adequate to carry the fault current for the period of time it takes tha 60A fuse to blow ( in most cases). if so, then no code.

Hi All

I am new to this site, and was wondering if you can guide us to the right direction, I am doing EICR's and I have come across flats which are wired from submains with 16mm2 TW&E and the cable run is about 12 meters protected by kfm 60amp switch, my question is this installation is over 20 years old and the earth from from submains 16mm TW&E is used, which is 6mm and is non compliance to current reg, my question is which code would this be classified as? C1 C2 or C3

Thanks

Adam
I agree with the above, welcome to the forum.
Please try not to multiple post the same question.
To start a new post, from the main page, enter the appropriate forum section and click on the start new post button in the top right.

Reply to Upgrading meter tails and main earth for a C/U change in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net