Discuss Wall lights directly under trunking against ceiling? What would you do? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bleach

-
Reaction score
Hi

What do you think of these wall lights positioned directly under the trunking against the ceiling in an outbuilding/ garden office. They have 25 watt bulbs wired in 1.5mm T & E.

• Is it acceptable even if it was derated according to the ambient temperature?
  • How would the ambient temperature have been measured anyway?

Thanks people! light.jpglight 2.jpglight 3.jpg

Won't be too long before blobs of plastic will be dripping from the trunking into the fitting!! As Tel said, CRAP and potentially dangerous crap too!! lol!!

There's normally a distance indication on the product itself on how far it can be fitted from a ceiling. Even if you are using 25w lamps, I can see this effecting the trunking.

Surely the cables could have been chased and plastered in?

yep crap I always install wall lights at 12 - 18 inches from ceiling to allow for ease of fitting new lamps as well as heat dissapation plus thays what my old boss showed me to do lol and trunking looks rough why didnt they chase the cables in
I wouldnt fit one so close to the ceiling wont be long before that cable becomes brittle and the trunking starts to sag and warp due to the heat from the lamp

Pathetic

but if it was a Electrical Trainee, have pity on him. let him be shot.

I see it is one of the golf ball type of bulb so it could not be 100 watts,more like 40 or 60 watts.
That is still enough heat to melt the trunking and turn it into a fire risk,the trunking will turn yellow before it starts to melt and drip down on top of the bulb and this creates the fire risk.

What sort of numpty mounts a light with a lamp an inch away from plastic trunking,and far to high up so that the fitting will not give of much light.
I hope that some members of the public read this thread and realize the five week wonders(that do this type of work simply because they know no better) are putting their lives and their children's life at risk.

Reply to Wall lights directly under trunking against ceiling? What would you do? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net