Discuss Weird Jobs in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Doomed

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
OK, what is the oddest job you have had?

I have just been asked to rewire a christmas stocking....

(It will be part of a shop window display that I am having to supply a feed for, it is normally only battery powered, but they dont want to be disturbing the display to change batteries)

Got sent to a waste water pump station once at a school in the country side...problem with toilets backing up...when we got there ..no pumps,no panel no electrics no nothing...just a big barrel thing with a nozzle that spins round over a filter bed and caca and wee wee drains into it....pressure of this coming out nozzle makes it spin round:eek::eek:...just something blocking nozzle....jobbie done:D:D

Got sent to a factory years ago people were getting shocks off a cloth processing machine, as i and they suspected it was static build up but they had 5 different sparkies before me that had all failed to cure the problem, earthing the metal wasnt the answer as it was the moving cloth getting charge. i disappeared for 20mins came back with a length of galv conduit and stuck 10 car antistatic trailing straps to it and voila! problem solved. Sometimes thinking outside the box gets you more credit than knowing your job.

Got sent to a factory years ago people were getting shocks off a cloth processing machine, as i and they suspected it was static build up but they had 5 different sparkies before me that had all failed to cure the problem, earthing the metal wasnt the answer as it was the moving cloth getting charge. i disappeared for 20mins came back with a length of galv conduit and stuck 10 car antistatic trailing straps to it and voila! problem solved. Sometimes thinking outside the box gets you more credit than knowing your job.

I like your thinking!

When i worked for my last boss we got called to a landlords property to discover the house had been turned into a cannibus factory and had to remove all the dodgy wiring!

Reply to Weird Jobs in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net