Discuss What cordless Drill / Driver suited for electricians? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Goody

-
Reaction score
I am currently using a corded Drill and a cordless Driver for my work. Could anyone suggest a light weight cordless Drill / Driver that is suited for electrical work.

Cheers!

all depends on what you need it to do. majority of my work is domestic and i get away with an 18V ryobi combi drill driver with hammer. although i do have a titan 6KG sds for heavy duty concrete etc as the ryobi could never get through structural concrete. the ryobi is doing well at the moment, it's 2 years old, gets used every day and at £120-00 it's fantastic when the equivelant dewalt bosch etc is £250-£300

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never came across a 'good lightweight' cordless drill. The weight is in the battery.

You want either Hilti, Makita or bosch for your cordless drill.

or milwalkeee, if you're rich, Hitachi fir budget.

Thanks, Electricalserv, DIY.com is doing a Bosch on sale for around £84. Wiil have a look at that.

I take it that you mean B and Q. I'd invest a little more cash and go for the blue Bosch range rather than the green range as green is DIY and are flimsy copared to the blue pro range.

I have Bosch 18v SDS for masonery drilling up to 8mm holes and an old 12 volt dewalt for driving the screws in. Also have a small 10.8 volt Makita driver thats ideal for first fixing backboxes etc

I have just bought an 18V Protool and it is the best drill I have ever owned without doubt. I have owned 18v Bosch & Dewalt in the past and currently own a 22v hilti and the Protool beats them all hands down. It came with an angle attachment and yesterday I managed to drill about 80 x 20mm holes in joists on 2 batteries.

The only downside is it costs £586.50 which I usually would never dream of paying for a tool, but another member on here Pennywise owns one and he tends to know his stuff. It came in a T-Loc systainer with keyless chuch, angle chuck, centrotec chuck, 2 x batteries & LED torch.

Take a look here : PROTOOL PDC Cordless Impact Drill and more - ProfessionalTool.co.uk

I have only one word to say on this subject. Milwaukee.

the problem with orange shed and screwyoufix "Offer" drills are the batteries are normaly only 1.3Ah or 1.5Ah rather than the 3Ah ones with the dearer kits
Personaly iv got a wee 12v Milwalkie along with their 12v recipricating saw comes in realy handy cutting boxes in 18mm MDF ect ect crackin size n shape 18v makita twin pack combi drill n impact 24v old dewalt for heavy stuff

I have just bought an 18V Protool and it is the best drill I have ever owned without doubt. I have owned 18v Bosch & Dewalt in the past and currently own a 22v hilti and the Protool beats them all hands down. It came with an angle attachment and yesterday I managed to drill about 80 x 20mm holes in joists on 2 batteries.

The only downside is it costs £586.50 which I usually would never dream of paying for a tool, but another member on here Pennywise owns one and he tends to know his stuff. It came in a T-Loc systainer with keyless chuch, angle chuck, centrotec chuck, 2 x batteries & LED torch.

Take a look here : PROTOOL PDC Cordless Impact Drill and more - ProfessionalTool.co.uk

Oh, have you more stuff to sell then?

the problem with orange shed and screwyoufix "Offer" drills are the batteries are normaly only 1.3Ah or 1.5Ah rather than the 3Ah ones with the dearer kits
Personaly iv got a wee 12v Milwalkie along with their 12v recipricating saw comes in realy handy cutting boxes in 18mm MDF ect ect crackin size n shape 18v makita twin pack combi drill n impact 24v old dewalt for heavy stuff

This one comes with a 3Ah , don't get me wrong I'm no shed luver but I think this is not bad for the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
makita LXT all the way! got more or less the whole cordless set, i got a pal at screwfix and get 20% off so for me they nice and cheap ;)

Reply to What cordless Drill / Driver suited for electricians? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net