Discuss What course to get started? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

J Sabo

Hi, im looking to make the change in career to an electrician.

I am a LV cable jointer (4 years) with C&G Lvl 3 2322 Electricial Technology Engineering, so i have a good knowledge of Power Distribution and Connections. I also have a good understanding on domestic installations but would like to expand on this and change career.

Whats the best route for me to be able to work on domestic installations? I would prefer an evening college course that will allow me start with installation work, then perhaps work towards testing/inspection/certification etc.

What course/exams/C&G should i take?

Sorry for the essay, i have read a few threads and noticed its best to put in detail!

:)

from my understanding it will now be more difficult to get the quals unless your already in the trade as a spark

in all fairness may i ask why you want to change carreers ive im nearly fully qualified and im starting to think ive dropped a clanger in becoming a spark as theres no work on or the poles are getting all the wok as they cheap

LV Cable jointing is also slow at the moment due to lack of new building work. Also you work outside, in muddy wet conditions at times.

Have had a look around at courses. Am i best doing a C&G 2230 at night college or doing some sort of EAL Domestic Installiton 5 day course?

If you want to learn about electrics properly then do the 2-3 year course.I'd be supprised if you could learn much on a 5 day course(seems like a money making thing to me)

I understand its much better to do C&G and i will definately do this on an evening course.

Should have worded my post better, what i meant was should i do a Domestic Installation course aswell to help new get some work/experience/foot in the door whilst doing my evening course?

Reply to What course to get started? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net