Discuss What Earthing type does this house have? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickyb

Hi,

I am putting up an amateur radio antenna in the back garden of a property.
According to the rules of amateur radio, if the property has PME Earthing I cannot use
a ground spike earth when the coax enters the office, I have to use cross bonding.

The proper has a ground spike with earth cable at the front of the property, UK power networks confirm PME on the overhead wires, however its up to the homeowner to find out on what type of earthing system the house has.

From the image, would forum members be able to advise me if its a TT, TN-S or TN-C-S Earthing system?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1392 (1).jpg

Hi, Welcome to the forum :), I have approved for the general forum for the moment for a quicker response to your query, when Admin' is next online you may be given DIY access and the thread relocated. You say in your profile 'Trainee', if you are on an active Electrical training course you may be interested in applying to join our Trainee Section where we have several mentors who will help with questions expected from anyone just starting out and learning the ropes, so to speak.

Last edited:
Thanks Darkwood, I might just do that. I am also studying for a amateur radio license (hence the initial query), as the two disciplines have a lot of overlap, hence my question here.

Cant tell from the picture but a pme supply is a tncs supply meaning the earth and neutral are connected together at the main head

Looks suspiciously like TN-C-S to me. The neutral block to the left of the cutout seems to have a G/Y cable coming out of the top. Is that correct and does it terminate in the main earthing terminal block above it? Might be (DIY) retrofit.

Reply to What Earthing type does this house have? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net