Discuss What is this switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eversince

I have a dimmer switch to my porch light that got some extra features that I have no idea how to use. Would greatly appreciate it if someone can tell me. Thanks!
a1b79d6e0baeff591d8ba8f3746ada86.jpg

If I have a manual, I would have read it. If I know what type of switch it is, I would google it myself. I'm only asking because I don't have any info. There's no need to be rude.

If I have a manual, I would have read it. If I know what type of switch it is, I would google it myself. I'm only asking because I don't have any info. There's no need to be rude.

Is this the UK, doesn't look like a size that would be used here?

To me;
Large button; would suggest Long time ON
Small button; Short time ON

Dip switches 1 to 4, if that's what they are, would be increasing amount of time.

Hazarding a guess,large switch is power to feed then small switch is either perm on or timed,dip switches control length of time on.

That looks to me like a remote control/wireless switch to control a ceiling light or fan with speed control and/or dimmer function, I have a hand held unit like it for a fan and the 4 slide switches set the frequency code to match the one in the unit being operated.

Yet again someone finds this forum on the web, asks a question in a polite manner, and then gets shot down in flames. Don't see what's wrong with the question - I've certainly never seen one of those, and wouldn't have any shame in asking around to see if anyone else had seen one.

If this question had come from a regular member the response would have been different I guarantee it. That's my thoughts anyway. Daz

the responses have been constructive. what's the shot down in flames bit?

I may be exaggerating a little in this case, but it seems more and more common to give rude or unhelpful replies to newcomers to the forum. It must put people off. Daz

Yet again someone finds this forum on the web, asks a question in a polite manner, and then gets shot down in flames. Don't see what's wrong with the question - I've certainly never seen one of those, and wouldn't have any shame in asking around to see if anyone else had seen one.

If this question had come from a regular member the response would have been different I guarantee it. That's my thoughts anyway. Daz

Apart form maybe just ONE reply I think the replies were as helpful as they could possible be!

Are you on your menstrual cycle this week??

Apart form maybe just ONE reply I think the replies were as helpful as they could possible be!

Are you on your menstrual cycle this week??

Apologies, maybe I'm too sensitive :). Just seems to be an unfriendly forum to new users these days. Even when people ask things politely they often get abrupt unfriendly comments. It didn't used to be anywhere near as bad as this. On the other forums I use (bikes, PCs etc.) things are much more friendly. Daz

Thanks for all the feedback. Just knowing these are called dip switches allowed me some inkling to their function. In this case, I think its to a motion sensor outside. Thanks again everyone.

Apologies, maybe I'm too sensitive :). Just seems to be an unfriendly forum to new users these days. Even when people ask things politely they often get abrupt unfriendly comments. It didn't used to be anywhere near as bad as this. On the other forums I use (bikes, PCs etc.) things are much more friendly. Daz

Ok ... the fact is that all bar one of those replies I would have been happy to accept and can tell you that two of them I have used in the past!

I may be exaggerating a little in this case, but it seems more and more common to give rude or unhelpful replies to newcomers to the forum. It must put people off. Daz

You could rephrase that to concise and to the point. The OP doesn’t know what it is and by the replies neither does anyone else.

Google is your friend.

Reply to What is this switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net