Discuss Where do i go from here? NVQ? C&G 2392? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davedotx

Hello Basically I couldn’t get an apprenticeship years ago due to the recession etc...
So I went to college and did C&G 2330 level 2, level 3 and the 17th Edition. I could not find a domestic electrician job so I work for a company that fit level instruments, panels and water flow monitors. I basically work in quarries and water treatment plants it’s a lot of 110V and lower voltage installs. Now I am 25 I want more qualified I don’t think I’m classed as an electrician yet because I haven’t done my NVQ?

Now I want to do an NVQ and pay for it myself, but should I try and get a domestic electrician job and do the NVQ because I would be easier? Because the work I do now doesn’t cover the NVQ.
I want to do the inspection and testing but with the work I do as well its very low voltage hardly any 230V supply’s.

Thanks Dave

Hello Basically I couldn’t get an apprenticeship years ago due to the recession etc...
So I went to college and did C&G 2330 level 2, level 3 and the 17th Edition. I could not find a domestic electrician job so I work for a company that fit level instruments, panels and water flow monitors. I basically work in quarries and water treatment plants it’s a lot of 110V and lower voltage installs. Now I am 25 I want more qualified I don’t think I’m classed as an electrician yet because I haven’t done my NVQ?

Now I want to do an NVQ and pay for it myself, but should I try and get a domestic electrician job and do the NVQ because I would be easier? Because the work I do now doesn’t cover the NVQ.
I want to do the inspection and testing but with the work I do as well its very low voltage hardly any 230V supply’s.

Thanks Dave

Hello Dave:

You must go out and get what you want out of the electrical trade and never let anyone tell you different, I set my goals and overcame all of the obstructions in my way and became what we call a Master Electrician, that is top rank here and you can run your own business when you get to the top.

So get up each day and put up a fight to get where you wish to be----I did it and so can you. NEVER GIVE UP!!

I am a dummy, What is an NVQ?.
blink.gif

Last edited:
Hello Dave:

You must go out and get what you want out of the electrical trade and never let anyone tell you different, I set my goals and overcame all of the obstructions in my way and became what we call a Master Electrician, that is top rank here and you can run your own business when you get to the top.

So get up each day and put up a fight to get where you wish to be----I did it and so can you. NEVER GIVE UP!!

I am a dummy, What is an NVQ?.
blink.gif

national vocational qualification. a UK thing. in this case, it consists of preparing a portfolio of work that you have carried out to show practical experience after obtaining the core college qualifications.

Reply to Where do i go from here? NVQ? C&G 2392? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net