Discuss which work boots? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

DM tread Chukka's, bought a pair after being recommended them by a friend and they are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn.

Arco Website - Dr. Martens Tred Chukka Safety Boot from Dr. Martens - Product 6G8100

bought a pair of these for £65 from doctor martens website (there called outdoor 7a something there)

very comfy, feel like slippers, tried dewalt aprentice boots and some cats at a local shop and they don't compare to the docs. maybe because the most expensive pair i tried on in that shop were £50

im off to sports direct to replace my karrimor steel toe cap boots with another pair of same tomorrow, as they're simply worn out!

comfy waterproof and cheap, less than £25 i think.

DM tread Chukka's, bought a pair after being recommended them by a friend and they are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. Arco Website - Dr. Martens Tred Chukka Safety Boot from Dr. Martens - Product 6G8100
had them 6 weeks. got them on 27th July and stitching has split and leather started to part on the side im not impressed, they are being returned tomorrow. thankfully there return policy is top notch. they give you a label to post back first class now got to go to a crap spare pair of boots, glad i waited before deciding to get another pair (the spare are horrible to wear but better than nothing)

I used to get Catapillar boots from Makro (£35), untill they stopped doing them and started doing DeWalt Chieftens for the same money.
I recently tried Black & Decker brooklyn boots which are a lot lighter and only cost about £24.
Had them nearly a year now, and if I use my bike for work, I wear them when riding the bike.

Dewalt apprentice. If you shop around a bit you often find them being sold with a free give away such as a tote bag or something of that nature. Keep your eye out for a deal.

Alternatively, i just throw some flip flops on. :drunk:

- - - Updated - - -

Ive also just noticed this thread is 2 months old. Im sure the OP has found himself some boots by now.....

these will be approaching the end of their life soon.
purchased in screwfix around 2 years ago for 40 quid.. lightweight. worn them almost everyday, included some
hiking and occasional muddy sites.
big minus is that the upper is synthetic, and after all day wearing they smell... got to keep them in the shed overnight :)

may go for leather apperentice ones with next pair.which work boots? 11092012038 - EletriciansForums.net

bought a pair of dr martins for £80 had them a year or so before needing a new pair, i work in the petrol forecourt industry so they get covered in fuels which takes its toll on them, popped into arco the other day for a new pair to find the same ones on offer at £20 a pair, so quickly purchased 2 new pairs :)

bought a pair of dr martins for £80 had them a year or so before needing a new pair, i work in the petrol forecourt industry so they get covered in fuels which takes its toll on them, popped into arco the other day for a new pair to find the same ones on offer at £20 a pair, so quickly purchased 2 new pairs :)

just got email from dm

they sending me a replacement pair free of charge.

I got a pair of timberland pro work trainers they look more like skater shoes but they have lasted a hell of a lot longer than my old dewalts, dickes and several unbranded screwfix specials.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a pair of timberland pro work trainers they look more like skater shoes but they have lasted a hell of a lot longer than my old dewalts, dickes and several unbranded screwfix specials.

Tuskers Aquagrip. they're just 50 quid black boots. you might need a tip off to even consider them. well you're getting one now. nearly twenty years i've been buying these boots. they're really comfortable and sturdy from the off but the best thing is the standard wide fitting which keeps my fat feet cool all day long. great stuff.

mine are still going stong but recently found out that they love soaking up water, picked up a pair of tamaracks to alternate between them

at least now ill have dry feet. had to stop every couple hours to wring my sock's out

which work boots? 14124001 - EletriciansForums.net

(ive got to be careful with boots and shoes i buy as im missing muscles in feet so i get cramps and pains in feet with a lot of shoes and boots)

Reply to which work boots? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock