Discuss Why bother getting a gold card when they're giving away black ones. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Joshua

-
Arms
Reaction score
I think I've given up on our industry now.
More dumbing down from the JIB.

Screenshot_20180706-165923_Word.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what your point is.

Black JIB cards (which were previously platinum cards) have existed for quite some time. These do not replace gold cards and do not permit the holder to take out a screwdriver on site.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is.

Black JIB cards (which were previously platinum cards) have existed for quite some time. These do not replace gold cards and do not permit the holder to take out a screwdriver on site.

I'm not saying they're replacing gold cards

I'm saying that how can someone manage electricians if they've never been one? My mum could go and do a SSSTS course and become an Electrical site manager in 5 days. If you have been on a site recently you'll see you don't need a gold card to be let loose.

I'm not saying they're replacing gold cards

I'm saying that how can someone manage electricians if they've never been one? My mum could go and do a SSSTS course and become an Electrical site manager in 5 days. If you have been on a site recently you'll see you don't need a gold card to be let loose.
I wasn't suggesting that all sites require JIB cards - I was merely pointing out that those that do will not permit someone with a black card but no gold card to carry out electrical work on site.

With the relaxing of the criteria to get a black card. It won't be long until we turn up to a job that's being run by a 2 day wonder manager.

Reply to Why bother getting a gold card when they're giving away black ones. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net