Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Women, seriouslly, can't drive! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

markc123

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Driving home from work end of last week....woman pulls out of a side street like schumacher straight into side of me, i mean she literally came out at probably 40mph, guessing she hit the accel instead of the brake. Completley wrote my van off :( Shes accepted responsibilty though thankfully.

Anyways because this is the first and hopefully last crashed ive ever had....i wouldn't mind abit of advice, this is also first time ive ever claimed for anything aswell.

From the state of my van and from the opinions of just about everyone i wont be getting it back, and instead a cheque will be offered....im being told i'm able to negotiate if i don't like what they're going too offer me, is this correct? I don't want them saying 'heres 2 grand' and me telling them to shove it if theres no room for negotiation. Im guessing as an insurance company they'll want to give you as little as possible so therefore meaning that the people telling me to ask for more are correct? Little help guys, cheers.

I think it was a bit of a shock!
Few years earlier I wrote off a car going over to West Ireland, hit some ice.
Few years before that, ripped the exhaust off driving off the ferry.
I love going to Ireland!

@markc. youm want the full value of the van, hire van for the time it takes them to pay you. loss of earnings, out of pocket expenses, and that's before you think about personal injury.

Sitting waiting for a parking space to come free once, a woman reversed out of her space and into the front wing and driver's door. When I was trying to get her details she told me I'd have to speak to her husband as she thought I was equally to blame. I was stationary in a big blue Volvo, how could she not have seen me?

women drivers are a nightmare going forwards. who in their right mind allowed them to drive a car with a reverse gear. we all know that the 3 mirrors fitted are solely for make-up application, and checking hair.

women drivers are a nightmare going forwards. who in their right mind allowed them to drive a car with a reverse gear. we all know that the 3 mirrors fitted are solely for make-up application, and checking hair.
actually the 3 mirrors serve 3 functions.1 checking the hair 2 checking the makeup.3 looking at all the accidents that mysteriously occur as they drive by lol

you can always buy it back and then have it repaired yourself. hubby did that last winter with my car x

You can only do this if your vehicle isn't a complete write-off (Cat A or B).

Category:
A - For burn outs and gutted vehicles. Only value is in the baled weight at a metal recyclers.

B - is where the vehicle is no longer safe to put back on the road and must be broken or crushed. These can only be sold to registered dismantlers with an EPA waste licence. They are actually sold as parts and are no longer considered as a vehicle. There is no economic consideration involved, purely a safety one. Vehicles that have been flooded are normally written off as a cat B.

C - is where the car is repairable but is not economic to do so. Think older cars and or ones where the chassis needs jigging.

D - is where the vehicle is repairable and would be economic to do so (cost of salvage + cost of repairs < Pre accident value) but the insurance company has decided not to repair the vehicle. This could be due to excessive storage or recovery costs, etc.

Last edited:
My van is a category C write-off and ive been offered 2,600 and they keep the van.....or 2300 and the van back.

Will anyone buy a category C for more than 300 do you think?

Seriouslly don't know which offer to accept.

The van has bad body damage to the passenger side with the passenger door caved in and unable to open.....the mechanics of the vehicle are all great and their is no real damage to the chasses or so ive been told. The van is a perfect runner with only 80000miles and 8month tax and mot.

Dya reckon its worth taking it to auction or just accepting the 2600? Am i being greedy haha

If it's repairable, someone in the trade may give you more than £300 for it. Ask around, then, is it worth the hastle for the difference?

Knew one who used to drive about 3/4 of a mile to work in a micra, turning left onto the main road and left into the works. At home time, she used to turn left onto the main road and drive a 5 mile route of left turns before arriving home. Frightened s*****ss of turning right.

Knew one who used to drive about 3/4 of a mile to work in a micra, turning left onto the main road and left into the works. At home time, she used to turn left onto the main road and drive a 5 mile route of left turns before arriving home. Frightened s*****ss of turning right.
Haha that's the funniest story i've heard ina while.

I went to see the Red Arrows today. There were gasps of "Ooh" and "Aah" as the crowds watched on in amazement. Near miss after near miss had some people covering their eyes and shaking there heads in disbelief. It was a good half hour's worth of entertainment, but in the end, my wife finally managed to park the car and we made our way to the air show.

I remember when I had an Isuzu Trooper and attempted to park it outside a cafe. After about 35 manouevers I managed to line it up with the pavement and felt quite proud that I hadn't killed police horses or small children....... as I got out of the car, the whole cafe were clapping and giving me a standing ovation.............:laugh: but as Geordie will tell you, it's these damn walls that creep out on you unawares that cause most trouble.........:yes:

Reply to Women, seriouslly, can't drive! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net