Discuss Ze Test come up with 'fuse' in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

garden lighting

Hi All am new to this site and am hoping some one can help.

I am in the process of changing a fuse board, on testing ze (disconnected earth from board connected neutral clamp to the N bar and phase tester to the incoming live)..........push the button and bleep bleep 'FUSE' comes up on the display can anyone help this is the first time I have seen it.
The tester is a dilog 9083p

Thanks garden Lighting

I think thats telling you that a fuse has gone in your meter.

Chris

Hi Vardymr2 thanks for the reply.
Have done all the zs tests which have come back fine. The earth reading is connected to the main earth cpc coming from the cable entering the house and the live reading is taken on the imput tail ends coming into the fuse board.

regards
GL

Lol Dooh

So did you try a zs after trying to get the Ze just to check that its not the meter?

If the tester is working fine? then id say its the main earth path. If you are getting Zs readings it could be using the gas or water bond as an earth path not the main earth.

Last edited:
Update!!!!!!!!! I have just done a continuity test on the leads and all seems well (no open circuits) with the leads so cannot work out what going on

Hi
Have the same tester
I assume you tested using three leads
Green lead must clamp to earth
Black to incoming Neutral (live side of isolator)
Red to incoming Live (live side of isolator)
Press Ze/Zs
Hope this helps

Ray

Hi All Guess what! The Nic Test book diagram is wrong and it tells you to clamp the neutral clamop to the bar not the imput tail. Thanks everyone for your help its good to know that there is help out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you said neutral to neutral bar- if main switch is off you have no neutral to test with, meters default for incorrect or missing connection is fuse.:)
try it again with neutral from incoming side of main switch.

(and lst us know):D

that post wasnt there when i started typing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with liter if the main switch is off and you put the neutral on the bar it wont work it has to go on the incoming tails.

Good luck with elecsa is this your first assessment?

Hi all,
I'm trying to fill in installation certs. is there an easy way to find out Ze and PSC by enquiry,other than the long winded phone calls to EDF etc. Didn't know if the info is on a web site somewhere !

Cheers
Jagslaglil

quick answere is NO its a very long phone call with the answer will be ether " we dont have to suply an earth" or they will give you the maximum value allowed.

Eisiest way by far it to mesure yourself.

Hi Guys
I have a Dilog 9083p MFT and was getting a "fuse " error on attempting Zs/Ze. I re-attached the fuse after checking it but found it only worked once, then went back to throwing the toys out of the pram. I then took some emery cloth (wet n dry or sandpaper) and cleaned the fuse's contacts at each end (not the clasps in the meter) removing what looked like a slight layer of varnish on the metal. Worked !
Try it - you can buy it - you can pay me next week :)
Andrew

Reply to Ze Test come up with 'fuse' in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock