Discuss Zs live Testing - does everyone do it? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

acadennis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Live testing not permitted under EWR 1989

W

whensbait?

i rekon if the r1r2 plus the ze taken at the board is lower than the accepted values for zs then this is a better result to show as it is worst case scenario, it doesnt take into account parallel earths so a live test will always be lower, so if a dead test passes then a live test should do too.

S

simonatlondon

I like to do Zs just to confirm my initial confirmation. It takes 5 seconds to do so why not. I too record the highest value, usualy r1 + r2 +Ze.

W

whensbait?

well it does prove that the neutral is there, but when testing lights it becomes akward to get all 3 leads in place, i know there are all sorts of wonderful toys to make this easier but i supose its down to personal preferance :)

K

kung

Only circuit your permitted to do zs reading if you have socket interface is ring/radial socket outlets all other circuits must be cal.

G

Guest123

Hey all.

I think the whole "do you measure or calculate Zs" thing has been threaded to death now.

But in answer to your question I always measure Zs and like to compare it with the calculated value to make sure that all is as it should be.

Cheers.

N

Normanator

i rekon if the r1r2 plus the ze taken at the board is lower than the accepted values for zs then this is a better result to show as it is worst case scenario, it doesnt take into account parallel earths so a live test will always be lower, so if a dead test passes then a live test should do too.
If live testing is not allowed how do you get a Ze reading at the board :confused:

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Zs live Testing - does everyone do it? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom