Discuss 17th edition just failed course i need help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jaysley1

hi can anyone out there help. does anyone have a break down of the contents page what is in each paragraph so i can print it of to put in the new green book as im struggling trying to find pages. just failed the course and need to re sit it can anyone help. cheers

what you need to do is flag pages with sticky tags so you can find them quickly. look at the question, find the keyword, then go to the relevant section. leave the "hard" questions till last, do the ones you can answer easily, then come back to the more involved questions.

i dont know if every test is structured the same, but i know how many questions will be in eaqch section... i.e part1 q1-4

part 2 q5-9 etc

hi , i tried that and it did not work i have no background in electrics at all paid £3500 for the course it covers 17th inspection and testing part p full scope and solar pv handed my notice in at work to do the course its hard when you no nothing about it all i want to do is solar pv but need the qualifications for someone to set me on. when on the test the question came up i could not find where to look for it i scored 55% so a fail. on the contents page it only gives brief details i just need something to stick in the book so i can navigate around the book when the key words come up i cannot find alot of them i just need a breakdown on the contents its done my head in

as Tel has said.......get those coloured tabs from the pound shop (do not write or mark the book as they wont let you use it in the test).....just flag the pages of the book in the areas where the answers are generally.....tab such areas as definitions in part 2 p(20) and chapter 41 p(44) as thats where you will find maximum tabulated values of loop for your disconnection times....and dont forget P(56) for basic and fault protection and page 57 for selv and pelv etc...just go through the book and identify areas that you need to reference and tab em......when you tab pages dont forget to "step" the tabs.....so the first tab will be at the top of the page and the second tab will be just below it and so on ...so when the books closed all the tabs are visible.....you can write/mark the tabs n all....but not the book........

Sorry to hear you failed the 17th there mate. Can I ask just out of interest how long the course was i.e. full time, evenings etc. I'm always suspicious of those all encompassing courses. Anyway, enough people on here to help I'm sure. I have though heard someone on here saying they were not allowed to tab the regs - news to me.

Practice, practice, practice IMO. Most questions have a "clue" word at least to point you in the right direction. PM me your email address and I'll send you some 17th test questions inc exam simulators and a load of stuff I got at college.

To be honest thats why these cash courses suck, regulations are learnt and updated over years of training only advice i can give is to get past exam papers and go over them till you get hang of searching the book

cheers for that and to make matters worse on the test its the red book and as from the 1st of jan its the green one with new amendments just makes it even worse

and just a warning about MCS stuff mate......may go ---- up this one mate as i think the government have pulled funding/incentives........may be better off just doing electrical installations..rather than PV mate...just a thought......

hear we go week 1. 5 day electrical foundation, week 2, 3 day 17th edition full, 1 day pre pat testing.and 1 day pat testing week3 4 day 2392 1 day renewable energy awareness week 4 6 day part p full and week 5 solar pv installer course hope that makes sense so 5 weeks intense

hi pal i know all about it they have reduced the feed in tariff already it was 43pkw now 21kw. im a west yorkshire lad myself matey

5 weeks of rubbish mate!! the PV course alone is taught as a Short Course at college over 2 weeks full time..!! same for 17th ed 4 days full time. 2391 5 days full time , Pat testing is pointless and will serve you no purpose. and for when you complete i hope you have 450 to register to carry out Domestic work with a scheme for Part P membership and a hell of a lot more for MCS!! not to mention that potentail employers wont touch you with a barge pole as you have no relevant quals or experience!

sorry to put a downer on you...!

silly question but im new to forums still trying to work it out how can i send my email without all seeing 99% of people are genuine but you always get an idiot trying to ruin things i would love for you to email me some info just tell me how.cheers

I couldn't have tabs in my book when i did my 17th when if first came out a few years ago,they even took our books off us and gave us there's to use.

I was supposed to do an update 30 Q's but ended up having to do the 60 Q's one day course.

nice for honest feedback.im no electrician and dont expect to know anything. my experience will come over the years. i just want to do solar but need to qualify to be able to do it as for pat testing no interest whatsoever.cheers

tell me about it
well its like this mate.....I know a few guys (ones a plumber the others a sparks) who have gon onto one of these MCS schemes....now then,....us sparks think were getting robbed by the part p bandits...nowt compared to PV mate...you have to make "gratuities" to various organisations set up just to get your money.....its the course itself,...then its the registration,..then theres another one wanting £110 for god knows what,...then its something like £150 notification (for each job)..........

Reply to 17th edition just failed course i need help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net