Discuss 17th Edition Regs Exam Help Please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

watty03

Hi everyone!

Preparing to take exam later this month doing mock exam/past exam papers I'm stuck on some questions . Can anyone offer help on questions if I post them?

Here's a couple to start with

21. In a paper mill installation wired in PVC single-core cables in conduit and trunking, where a fire may be caused by a resistive fault in overhead heaters with film elements, protection against an insulation fault shall be provided by a

a. BS 88 fuse
b. BS EN 60898 cb
c. 300 mA RCD
d. 30 mA RCD­

30. A single-phase load of 13 A is supplied via a 15 A BS 1361 fuse using single-core 70°C thermoplastic copper cables installed to method 4 (Reference Method B). The rating factor for grouping is 0.7 and for ambient temperature 0.87, and overload protection is to be provided. The minimum acceptable size cable would be

a. 1 mm2
b. 1.5 mm2
c. 2.5 mm2
d. 2 4mm2
31. The minimum information contained on a periodic inspection and testing notice would be the

a. Date of inspection and inspector's name
b. Date of next inspection and client's name
c. Date of last inspection and date of next inspection
d. Company's address and date of next inspection­
38. A 16 mm2 multicore cable incorporating a copper protective conductor is insulated with 90°C thermosetting insulation. Given a fault current of 500 A and a disconnection time of 0.4 second, the minimum acceptable size of cpc would be

a. 1.5 mm2
b. 2.5 mm2
c. 4.0 mm2
d. 6.0 mm2
The maximum current rating of a protective device protecting a circuit including B22 bayonet cap lampholders would be

a. 5A
b. 6A
c. 16A
d. 20 A
Unless otherwise confirmed as suitable, switchgear, protective devices and accessories shall not be connected to conductors intended to operate at a temperature in excess of

a. 30° C
b. 50° C
c. 70° C
d. 90° C

Any help will be great

Thanks

Welcome to Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK!

Welcome to electriciansforums.net watty03. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Hi & welcome.:)

Reply to 17th Edition Regs Exam Help Please in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net