Discuss 1960s v shaped light fittings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That could be nasty. Disconnect that brown and chop it.... and the black.
Mains voltage at that jack point, when light on.
Is the switch in a different room to the light?
Some sort of indicator in series with the fitting, eh?

Last edited:
It does look like a jack plug socket connected to a live wire, that is dangerous. Isolate the power and disconnect that brown wire then cut them both off, that switch should be replaced.
Yea i got an electric shock from it this morning trying to take the picture. Is this something I can do (remove the brown and black with the power off) or better for an electrician? Feel slightly out of my depth now so going to contact a sparky today ?

That could be nasty. Disconnect that brown and chop it.... and the black.
Mains voltage at that jack point, when light on.
Is the switch in a different room to the light?
Some sort of indicator in series with the fitting, eh?
The switch is in the same room as the light, i think he may have used the jack point to connect an old radio as i found an old radio with a jack point in the loft

Reply to 1960s v shaped light fittings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Family member has moved into this house which is about 110 years old. Bodges everywhere inc the electrics. We are just rennovating it and when...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Great forum with lots of advice read and greatly received over the years! I have a question here that I am hopeful somebody here can...
Replies
Views
I'm starting a new project on Monday, new dental practice conversion from a shop. Nothing new here, customer doesn't know what electrical heating...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock