Discuss 220v attic conduit question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all, new here. In the near furture i want to install an electric tankless water heater. I would do gas but i only have electric in my home after moving. I will be hiring an electrician to do the wiring. Its only 30 feet from electrical box to water heater location and i will need a double 40amp breaker, wich i already installed. I also have a roll of 6 ga wire from doing a project on my previous home. Will i need conduit in the attic for the wiring? I'm in Arizona.
thanks

Hello all, new here. In the near furture i want to install an electric tankless water heater. I would do gas but i only have electric in my home after moving. I will be hiring an electrician to do the wiring. Its only 30 feet from electrical box to water heater location and i will need a double 40amp breaker, wich i already installed. I also have a roll of 6 ga wire from doing a project on my previous home. Will i need conduit in the attic for the wiring? I'm in Arizona.
thanks
Sorry for the late reply but if you are installing it in your attic you shouldn’t have to install it in conduit. Make sure it’s stapled every 4 feet. Please don’t nail the staples in so hard it touches the cable. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Do you have capacity to handle a tankless? Some models require up to 3-40A feeds to supply them, which could mean a upgrade of the service, I hate propane but I would consider it.

Reply to 220v attic conduit question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Mobile home outdoor power supply is a pedestal that power to the mobile home plugs in much like an RV. The main power supply into the mobile home...
Replies
Views
I'm obviously still new and learning about what I can and cannot do, but essentially I want to install an EVSE at my own house for an electric...
Replies
Views
I am thinking of getting an Electric vehicle. The only way for it to be realistic is to home charge. The problem, I have a fuse box no breakers...
Replies
Views
Hello, Question is regarding a recently purchased property in Central Texas, which includes a 27KW tankless electric water heater. It is four...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock