Discuss 2392 testing in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mally4601

hi guys ive my 2392 test tomorrow , ive a few thing to ask to be 100 per cent about all

continuity of 2 way lighting circuit , at the celing rose do i test between live and earth or switch wire and earth and then turn switches on and off , do i need to open the switches to check between live and earth

final ring circuit is it the highest reading between live and earth from the sockets if a radial is spured off it, then would i take the highest reading from it .

insulation resistance , do i have to test each circuit cause theres a rcd on or can i test as whole , also for the ring circuit do i put L-L N-N E-E in connectors then do insulation test

prospective fault current , do i connect earth clip to netural bar then neutral to neurtal , then live to live , pscc , then E-E N-N L-L pefc take the higest reading

ps if ive missed any thing out feel free to comment :D

hi guys ive my 2392 test tomorrow , ive a few thing to ask to be 100 per cent about all

Good luck to you :)

continuity of 2 way lighting circuit , at the celing rose do i test between live and earth or switch wire and earth and then turn switches on and off , do i need to open the switches to check between live and earth

You test between switch-line and CPC at the furthest light point on the switches, and carry out the test twice, switching the strappers across in-between tests.

final ring circuit is it the highest reading between live and earth from the sockets if a radial is spured off it, then would i take the highest reading from it .

In theory, a spur will create a higher than normal R1&R2 reading. Depending on the severity of it's readings, will you decide wether to record it as the highest reading.

insulation resistance , do i have to test each circuit cause theres a rcd on or can i test as whole , also for the ring circuit do i put L-L N-N E-E in connectors then do insulation test

You can test it as a whole, as long as you remember to close all MCB's, and separate any links or VSE.
If you are doing the ring on it's own, you can turn off the mcb and leave the lines in the terminal, then just disconnect the neutral and cpc's.

prospective fault current , do i connect earth clip to netural bar then neutral to neurtal , then live to live , pscc , then E-E N-N L-L pefc take the higest reading

Worded slightly confusingly, but correct. Make sure that the main earthing conductor has been reconnected, and all main bonding conductors have been reconnected, if relevant.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help just one last thing , for the pfc , can i do this test with every thing connected just you said make sure the main earthing conductor is reconnected

Thanks for your help just one last thing , for the pfc , can i do this test with every thing connected just you said make sure the main earthing conductor is reconnected

Everything will have to be connected in order to obtain the 'maximum prospective' fault and short circuit current.

Last edited:

Reply to 2392 testing in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net