Discuss 3 Level Led Strip Problem in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kity92

DIY
Reaction score
I bought a led light about a week ago. Everything works but there is a problem. The light is sequentially illuminated. I mean (Off - Warm - Cold - Natural - Off ). But I just want to use warm light. I have to wave my hand at the sensor three times to turn off the light. My question is how can I disable that sequent? I want wave hand and turn on light (warm) and wave again for turn off light.

Thanks for all replyWhatsApp Image 2021-11-25 at 21.35.32.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lights which offer several colour temperatures typically have 2 or more sets different of colour temperature LEDs, and switch the sets on in different combinations to get the required colour of light output. Often they will have a small internal switch to select the colour, this model is trying to be too clever by using the sensor switching.

If you knew the driver circuit, likely it would be easy to convert to just one colour, i.e. ignore the control signal from the sensor, and hard wire to warm white. You'd need to perhaps trace out the circuit, understand it, and be confident with soldering - if not, I suggest you just buy a different model e.g. one with a switch, or one that is just warm white only.

I think the microchip control that driver circuit and I found diagram of microchip but I don't understand anything. I'm newbie with soldering but I can handle it just I don't know how to disable the microchip. By the way IC also able to control power supply, just I'm not sure.

Thank for advice.

Attachments

• ss1.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ss2.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 11
I don't think it's as easy as 'disabling' the sequence feature. The circuit is designed to do what it does!
If you could find the circuit schematic for the assembly, you might be able to devise a modification. I wonder what S0 and S1 are used for?

You are lucky that the colour you want is the first to come on!

What happens if you turn off the light at the plug for a moment, and then turn it back on? Does the light stay off until you use the sensor? If it does, how about fitting a momentary "off" switch in the power lead (ie normally closed, push to open).
Then pressing that (for long enough) turns it off, waving at the sensor turns it on ?

Last edited:
Problem solved :) I figured out and fix it. Strip has 3 pin (5+ -M and - ) I desoldered -M and just stay 5+ and - . Now natural and cool light are not working. I wave hand and turn on light wave one more time to turn off. I figured out scheme by multimeter. I hope this post will help someone like me.

Attachments

• ss3.png
    495 KB · Views: 8
Problem solved :) I figured out and fix it. Strip has 3 pin (5+ -M and - ) I desoldered -M and just stay 5+ and - . Now natural and cool light are not working. I wave hand and turn on light wave one more time to turn off. I figured out scheme by multimeter. I hope this post will help someone like me.
I take it back! You have indeed 'disabled' the feature. Well done ?

Reply to 3 Level Led Strip Problem in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net