SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss 4mm Radial in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cirrus

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have been asked to run a new circuit into a shop for a new lottery machine. Chap wants 3 x double metal clad sockets. I was thinking of running a 4mm t&e radial supply over 15 meters. What size MCB would I be advised to put into the CU?

Aico 3000 Range
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not sure Wayne as it's in a shop. What is normal practice? He won't be using the skts to mow the lawn:)

M

MacSparky

Over that distance 2.5mm would have been adequate along with the B20 breaker...I would say RCD also as the extra sockets may supply some portable equipment, there may be different people working there at different times that don't realise your not supposed to plug that old 'Kirby' vacumn in to it....you know the one, that lovely solid metal one:eek:

A

Andy M

Why Not a 32A Breaker ?

Were there any correction Factors to apply which would make you want to wire an A3 radial in 4mm instead of 2.5mm, if not you are putting in an A2 radial (page 151 on site guide-16th)

Does it serve a Floor area in excess of 75 sq metres

And i don't think an RCD on the Lottery machine will go down to well with the punters, Quick design and install it to the 16th ! otherwise it will need an RCD (unless the spotty herbert in the shop can be classed as a skilled or instructed person)

M

MacSparky

Why Not a 32A Breaker ?
Not on a a3 radial.....if thats what your saying andy, and what has the lottery machine got to do with rcd? cant see why that would be a problem unless there prone to high leakage current.
Already stated a run of 15m cable which is why a a3 radial would suffice.:)

B

blewards

1x 2.5mm run off a 20amp mcb surely? 4mm not a bit on the large side?

what is the cable method run?

S

Spudmiester

Why not put the machine(s) on switchfuse spur(s) then RCD is definitely not required !

S

Shakey

Why not put the machine(s) on switchfuse spur(s) then RCD is definitely not required !
?????

where has this come from?

What has a switch fuse spur got to do with RCD requirements?:confused::confused:

B

blewards

?????

where has this come from?

What has a switch fuse spur got to do with RCD requirements?:confused::confused:
That one threw me as well shakey, is there a change in the 17th about spurs and rcd's?

:eek:

S

Spudmiester

Well I feel like I am about to get shot down in flames just like Jessie James, but my point was that if the circuit supplies fuse spur outlets then whatever is conected to them is fixed equipment rather than portable, and does'nt need to disconect within 0.4 seconds !
The possability of any other equipment being plugged in and used elsewhere is removed !

As they said at Rouke's Drift, "fire at will" !!

M

MacSparky

Lol Spud....i see ripples on my glass of water, you know just before the tyrannosaurus rex turns up ..chews you up and spits you out:p

S

Spudmiester

Can feel em myself. Just like in Jurassic (S)park !

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to 4mm Radial in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom