Discuss A project with a difference ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Delta1

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi my name is Chris and i have been a sparky for the last 30 years,

I have decided to join and post on here to ask for the communities assistance.

About 2 years ago a small group of us decided to take on a project to save Drakelow Tunnels, see Drakelow Tunnels Official Website. This is a tunnel complex that was built as a Shadow factory to Rover during the war, then in the 60's turned into a Nuclear Bunker for the regional goverment seats. When it started it housed up to 500 people. It has approximatley 270,000 sq ft of tunnel.

We need help ! although we are charity based there are a small amount of funds available.

We are in desperate need of a 400amp 10 way sub Dis. Board with breakers (this can be 2nd hand as long as in reasonable condition). also we are after 100's of meters of 1.5 T&E, and well basically, whatever we can lay our hands on !

We are looking for anything that might help outr project.

If anyone can help please drop me a line.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
S

sparks1973

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi my name is Chris and i have been a sparky for the last 30 years,

I have decided to join and post on here to ask for the communities assistance.

About 2 years ago a small group of us decided to take on a project to save Drakelow Tunnels, see Drakelow Tunnels Official Website. This is a tunnel complex that was built as a Shadow factory to Rover during the war, then in the 60's turned into a Nuclear Bunker for the regional goverment seats. When it started it housed up to 500 people. It has approximatley 270,000 sq ft of tunnel.

We need help ! although we are charity based there are a small amount of funds available.

We are in desperate need of a 400amp 10 way sub Dis. Board with breakers (this can be 2nd hand as long as in reasonable condition). also we are after 100's of meters of 1.5 T&E, and well basically, whatever we can lay our hands on !

We are looking for anything that might help outr project.

If anyone can help please drop me a line.
best o luck here fella...

I'd approach the manufacturers mate. Even in there strained times there are businesses who will support heritage projects. You never know you might get lucky

A

alarm man

agree with trev,some suppliers will hand over some gear for a bit of a plug,alarm bells ring when someone asks for a load of bluey..

S

sparks1973

even some wholesalers/outlets may be interested....and if this project makes the local rag....well i`d say they will be almost falling over themselves to be seen as doing their `bit for the community`....

D

Delta1

Well just a hope that some people might have some ideas, even come down and play...its certainly different !

S

sparks1973

you should get a dis board for a start....

Not only do you go to the local rags, they'll go to professional electrician and get national coverage. I know for a fact that TT electronics (formerly known as AEI Cables) have done this a load of times with cable that wasn't quite up to the mark for sale. Reasons like no chalk dust inside the sheathing

D

Delta1

you should get a dis board for a start....
Ah that is were I'am going wrong, I wondered why the cable terminations on a sub dis board were very large for 1.5 T&E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

Octopus

Sarah Beeney got Hager to cough up loads of stuff for her own home and a bit of TV "exposure" so you should definitely try the manufacturers.

Good luck

S

Swicade

Interesting place...clicked the link but couldn't find any info at all to where these tunnels are on the site.

For the gear you need that's one hell of a lump so as many have said best shot would be to contact some manufacturers/supplies and see if they can help.

S

Silly Sausage

Sarah Beeney got Hager to cough up loads of stuff for her own home and a bit of TV "exposure" so you should definitely try the manufacturers.

Good luck
No surprise there, the size of her...... :wink_smile:

tigerpaul

-
Arms
Ask Melinda messenger off of cowboy builders to go round the local suppliers. She always gets folk to give everything away for bugger all!

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to A project with a difference ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom