Discuss adaptor from coax to HDMI in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello
customer has twin sky cables from dish to low level brush plate ,
he then has twin sky cables to high level brush plate , from low level brush
and finally a single sky cable from low brush to another room as a slave magic eye type outlet

i ran these cables in months ago , i got there today to find that he has sky HD running from the low level into decoder then from there VIA hdmi cable into the TV which is resting on the floor ,
my question is if the decoder stays on the low level is there a way of transmitting the HD signal via the two coax's buried in the wall into the TV once its mounted on the wall?

hope this makes sense
bes regards

Hello mate,

As far as im aware this cant be done, had the exact same problem a few weeks back on an extention that i had wired.

i searched in vain for a coax-HDMI converter but couldnt find one,
I think the whole idea of HDMI is that it can carry alot more "quality" than just the standard coax.

hope this helps

too many signals, you could use the coax as a draw wire for a cat 5 and do it that way HOWEVER, if i were thee, i would buy a hdmi to ferrel lead, use the coax as a draw wire for the cable, leave the hdmi connector end at the tv and then terminate the ferrelled end onto a face plate, if you want some info just PM me and ill send you my number quite happily.

Ive been waiting for someone to come along that i can finally help, i get alot of help of this forum but never have the opportunity to return the favour!

too many signals, you could use the coax as a draw wire for a cat 5 and do it that way HOWEVER, if i were thee, i would buy a hdmi to ferrel lead, use the coax as a draw wire for the cable, leave the hdmi connector end at the tv and then terminate the ferrelled end onto a face plate, if you want some info just PM me and ill send you my number quite happily.

Ive been waiting for someone to come along that i can finally help, i get alot of help of this forum but never have the opportunity to return the favour!

Not come across them before - where do you get the hdmi-ferrule lead and corresponding faceplate from?
I've got a similar customer who wants his telly moving without making a mess of his wall.

I use a few different suppliers and i get okay discount so if anyone wants some gear i will happily get a quote for you chaps!

Although be warned, different cable manufacturers use different wiring codes, obviously the pins in a HDMI connector are always the same, and also the different versions of HDMI all use the same pins however newer versions use MORE pins, v1.3 just has alot of pins that do nothing.

Again if anyone wants any help with stuff just give me a call, you can see my location so if you are nearish then i'l gladly help :)

Thanks! btw. what faceplate? The only thing I can find on cpc is a screw terminal module here.... HDMI-ST - UNBRANDED - MODULE, HDMI TO SCREW TERMS | CPC
I guess that would have to be a diy job to fit it to a blanking plate which I might not do very professionally.

btw. another question, what sort of size hole or conduit can you get all those ferrules through?

Reply to adaptor from coax to HDMI in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net