Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Anyone started a mcs solar PV company who is not an electrician?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

islander

Hello all. After a friend received very poor service from a solar PV company we are trying to start a small community company in the West of Scotland to install systems at a genuine price for family and friends. We have started a quality management system for mcs and have people with building/roofing experience. We have also installed a non grid tied system.
Our problem is trying to find an electrician that we can subcontract to do the electrical connections. There also seems to be some confusion as to whether the electrician has to have done a solar pv installations course or can another member of our company do the installation course and get an electrician to do the electrical connections?

Any advice appreciated.

Ideal if the electrician is trained too, but as long as someone competant has been on the course and is comfortable with system design and fitting, then the electrician can be a sub-contractor to your firm and will install the inverter supply to your specifications. They then certify and sign off the AC side, and you certify and sign off the DC.

With this route you will need a sub-contractor agreement in place and hold copies of their relevant quals and insurance etc.

Reply to Anyone started a mcs solar PV company who is not an electrician?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Looked at a job the other day where client has installed himself a solar pv system with batteries. The pv system is less than the magic figure of...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're looking at installing solar at a remote property which is on a TT system with out buildings supplied with underground cables (Stables...
Replies
Views
I had a PV system installed by a local reputable manufacturer last autumn; since then, I've received conflicting advice regarding the consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a 6kw PV with a 6kw Growatt battery and invertor. I have a solar iboost going to the hotwater tank. Recently I had a Ohme Home Pro...
Replies
Views
Hi installing my first solar PV on my own home before starting the courses next year and need some advice on earthing PV. System 6kw solar PV - 2...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock