Discuss Anyone tried to repair / replace cells in Bosch 10.8 L-ion? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Got one that's not very happy - claims to be full when it isn't - and a quick look suggests the pack will pop open and can probably replace whatever the cells are straight off the RS shelf.

Anyone tried this before?

[have posted this here and not tools as it's equally an electrics issue!]

I did aaaaages ago with another battery drill, using cells from CPC, carefully soldered together in the correct order. The cells I got were of a higher capacity so ended up better than the originals. After twelve years they have finally given up holding a charge, so was well worth the money! Never tried it with a Bosch. Hopefully the charger hasn't been made too 'clever' and won't detect non-standard cells and refuse to charge. Just a thought!

Ni cad would be no problem but li on is another matter.
I did internet searches re the Makita 18v lxt and its the pcb in the battery that is the problem.

Boydy

Ni cad would be no problem but li on is another matter.
I did internet searches re the Makita 18v lxt and its the pcb in the battery that is the problem.

Boydy

I've yet to take it apart, but my gut feel is that the little 10.8v's aren't that clever as they're so small. What 'problem' was the pcb?

Tells the charger the battery has reached the end of its life/no of charges and locks it in no charge mode.
E blag is full of faulty ones which some electronics wizards are able to fix and buy them for pennies.
New ones are over 75 quid.

Remember all rechargeable batteries have a live span of charge / discharge it just depends on how often you use it bit like a washing machine if you get 7 good years out of it replace

Thing is, this one is only about 18 months old and it's partner (same kit) is going strong so seems more like a fault than end of life. The charger doesn't flash as a broken battery either.

Reply to Anyone tried to repair / replace cells in Bosch 10.8 L-ion? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net