Discuss Approved Electrician? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Steveathome

HI
I completed my apprenticeship between 1972 - 1976 and passed the C&G 51a and then C&G 51b (14th Edition)
I later - approx 1982 got my "Approved Electricians" grade with the JIB. I then went on to do the 15th Edition some time later.
I left main stream electrical work for some years, still keeping my hand in. I have recently completed my 17th Edition, I intend to take the Part P early in the new year.

Can anyone advise me as to whether I will be able to re-apply for my Approved card with my current qualifications, or would I also need the 2391 in addition?

Many thanks

No you don't need the 2391 that applies to new applicants. As you have been graded an approved electrician by the jib previously you will need the 17th edition and ecs card ( health and safety) I know this to be a fact as I was in a similar position last year and I renewed my approved card.
Ben

yeah mate forget the part p jsut get your 2394- 95 formerly the 2391-10 lv3 inspection and testing of electrical instalaltions basically they have split this course into 2
But you could contact the ECS they may give you the card now as you held it prior and had your certificates before 1999

visit the JIB website and it will tell you the requiremnts for approved electriican status if they wont give it you now you will stil probably get installation electrican gold card

and look at the ECS website you may have to undertake a ECS health and safety test cost £42
but you would be better contacting the JIB and ECS direct to enquire

Rather bizarrely I got my ‘Approved Electrician’ card from the JIB about two years ago. I did the same apprenticeship, 15th edition etc, and about to do the 2382, 2392 & 2393. However, I got my card after taking just an H&S assessment for £30.

Reply to Approved Electrician? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net