Discuss Back Pain but starting new job very soon OMG!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Damon

Okay guys back in November I had the feeling like you do that your backs gonna play up....a few days later yep I was crippled....I gave it a couple of weeks and still no better infact it got worse I was aslo gettin Sciatica pains down my leg and was unable to sit or lie down in any comfort..so.....went to the doc...
Heres some Co-Codamol stronger than the shops take this with Ibuprofen she says....A week later my tablets ran out still no better...then.......after almost 4 weeks the back pain and sciatica eased........but only for 4 weeks......then back again but this time the doc gave me some diazepam only for severe pain use, I paid £7.25 prescription charge for just 9 tablets-Ripoff.....well the pain this time lasted for roughly 3 weeks...
Currently the back pain has eased and the sciatica has calmed down but now my lower leg from my knee to my ankle feels like someones twisting it 360 degrees...I start a new job very soon and am gonna have to work like this as cant miss the opportunity...
So after you alll stopped laughin at my current situation feel free to add any comments lol.;)

Okay guys back in November I had the feeling like you do that your backs gonna play up....a few days later yep I was crippled....I gave it a couple of weeks and still no better infact it got worse I was aslo gettin Sciatica pains down my leg and was unable to sit or lie down in any comfort..so.....went to the doc...
Heres some Co-Codamol stronger than the shops take this with Ibuprofen she says....A week later my tablets ran out still no better...then.......after almost 4 weeks the back pain and sciatica eased........but only for 4 weeks......then back again but this time the doc gave me some diazepam only for severe pain use, I paid £7.25 prescription charge for just 9 tablets-Ripoff.....well the pain this time lasted for roughly 3 weeks...
Currently the back pain has eased and the sciatica has calmed down but now my lower leg from my knee to my ankle feels like someones twisting it 360 degrees...I start a new job very soon and am gonna have to work like this as cant miss the opportunity...
So after you alll stopped laughin at my current situation feel free to add any comments lol.;)

Get to a Chiropractor. I had constant backpain for about 15 years, and sometimes i couldn't stand up. Took all the painkillers in the book, and a few illegal ones as well, loads of physio, and none of it worked long term. Went to a Chiropractor ( I rewired his house and surgery), in 30 minutes he shifted the pain, i had a few revisits for a few months to get on top of the problem, and after 10 years i may go once or twice a year now just to keep it in check. Don't get me wrong i still get the odd pain or two but with a bit of light excersise and a couple of paracetamol it goes away.

Cheers........Howard

Thanks Sirkit Breaker, The doctor mentioned he wouldnt issue me any more tablets as he believed physio was my best therapy but as I am starting a new job and the NHS waiting list is ages I was offput signing up for physio and then asking for time off from a new job...The doc also mentioned I could go private but that would be around £35 per hour or was that half hour, I am gonna google info on Chiropractors techniques and was also told about something called The Alexander technique but having looked up that I cant find any prices just information with numbers to call or persons to email and it just looks like yoga anyways.
Thanks again Sirkit I appreciate it.

I have been suffering with back pain for years, so bad I went to a chiropractor, it gave me a good 4 weeks of freedom, cut a long story short, pain still there, back to doc, referral to physio (had to stop chiro) no joy and referred to head poncho physio, then had MRI scan........Results, Degenerative Disc Disease with annular tears then referred to a Pain clinic, 16 months later had a discography and Nucleoplasty on one of the 2 discs (I can tell you that hurts like you would not believe) results = no luck. 4 months later (last friday) I had another MRI and find out the latest results this thursday to see if any further action can be taken.

The last 6 weeks I have been to a new chiropractor and gave them a copy of my MRI results, I have been feeling better than ever until last night when an upper part of my back went through my own stretching and twisting stupidity, got fixed by chiropractor today.

As SirKit Breaker says, get to the chiropractor!!

I can't really add any advice but I would like to say all the best. Hope the pain goes away and the money from your new job floods in.

Ps, has your back pain got anything to do with that car badge lodged in your chest? ;);)

Reply to Back Pain but starting new job very soon OMG!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net