Discuss Been offered an aprenticeship with Clarkson and Evans in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davedotx

hello
i just wanted to see what everyone thinks to Clarkson and evans?

im 25 with level 2 + 3 2330 and 17th edition
they said it woud take three years to do the aprenticeship and get my nvq. starting on a low 180 a week for the first year and a little more in the 2nd two. im taking a massive pay cut

but in the future i will have an NVQ and am2 so it will be worth it :thinking:

thanks dave

hello

they said it woud take three years to do the aprenticeship and get my nvq. starting on a low 180 a week for the first year and a little more in the 2nd two. im taking a massive pay cut

thanks dave
They will train you to a high standard within the Domestic and security alarm sector fella, they have their own training centres as well, you will be house bashing for 4 years and working long hours, I know several of their employees, I am very good friends with one of their foreman and also know one of the founding directors. There is a chance you will get laid off when you come out of your time though and may have problems finding work outside of the domestic sector.

The wage will be around 2-50 I suspect Andy, well that is a guess actually, the rate will be poor, they will use the excuse of training costs.

When the minimum wage for his age should be £6.50 ? Can't see how they would get away with that one

When the minimum wage for his age should be £6.50 ? Can't see how they would get away with that one
Ah I missed he was 25, apologies, I expect it will be much higher than 2-50 in that case, but have no idea what the rate will be fella, he might know though and let us into it later.

They will train you to a high standard within the Domestic and security alarm sector fella, they have their own training centres as well, you will be house bashing for 4 years and working long hours, I know several of their employees, I am very good friends with one of their foreman and also know one of the founding directors. There is a chance you will get laid off when you come out of your time though and may have problems finding work outside of the domestic sector.

As good as wasting 4 years of life by the sounds of it, mind you a lot of youngsters are suffering the same fait.

You get paid £250 quid a week there as an apprentice and a chance to earn a bonus every month. There hours are very long but you will become a very skilled domestic electrician. Go for it!

hello

thanks dave

Hi Dave,

I too am about to start my apprenticeship with them on the 9th March & im 39.
As the others have said that the £2.73ph is just for the 1st year then it goes upto what ever your NMW is. As long as you get on a good team then you should hopefully get bonuses also.
I know the 1st years wage per hour is low but the way I try to look at it is: this difference in per hour covers the cost for training etc, Hopefully we will qualify for working tax credit top up due to low wage?

Are you up at Gloucester Ibis the week of the 9th?

Michael

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

I too am about to start my apprenticeship with them on the 9th March & im 39.
As the others have said that the £2.73ph is just for the 1st year then it goes upto what ever your NMW is. As long as you get on a good team then you should hopefully get bonuses also.
I know the 1st years wage per hour is low but the way I try to look at it is: this difference in per hour covers the cost for training etc, Hopefully we will qualify for working tax credit top up due to low wage?

Are you up at Gloucester Ibis the week of the 9th?

Michael
Don't get excited, staverton is where you will be based, it is a total sh$t hole lol

Reply to Been offered an aprenticeship with Clarkson and Evans in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net